jackel9

I've 3 dell latitude E5470s' 256gn SSD , 16gb RAM ,DW1820a 2 running macOS Monterey and this one Big Sur (im on now) all signed into my apple account but one pc this one , I’ve no history of messages, only messges that ive sent since this problem occured ,I’ve logged out and back in (5mins later, tried to sync it and no messages like the on my other  E5470s ,

• Administrators

It should be obvious that if you re-use the same EFI on several Hacks, you should change the serial numbers so that you use a unique one on each of them. Think of it like the postman trying to deliver mail in a street where several physically identical houses have the same number! Just plain common sense, really.

i didnt  know, how do i change the serial number then Herve ??

thanks for replying

i done a search on google and downloading 2 programs, ill give it a try

one for AMD and the other for Intel

obviously Intel i will use

downloaded but corrupt , wouldnt run

what be the next step

• Administrators

I've no idea what you're doing or what you're talking about with programs for AMD and programs for Intel. I think you're completely off track here, most likely not knowing what you need to do and/or what you're doing.

If you use OpenCore, follow the Dortania Guidance, at least read it. Or you may simply use OpenCore Configurator app or Clover Configurator app, go to the PlatformInfo or SMBIOS tab, select your target SMBIOS model and click on the Generate buttons a few times to regenerate random numbers. Copy/paste those numbers in your existing config on the relevant Hack and you'll be good to go after an NVRAM reset and a reboot. As simple as that.

We've a dedicated thread on this very matter for years in our FAQ section, may be you should consult it too... At least next time you have a query.