OptiPlex 5070 SFF: need help to install Monterey

donjave

Hello all I'm trying to install Monterey on my dell OptiPlex 5070 sff; specs:

• i7-9700k
  • 16GB ram
  • intel UHD 630 graphics
  • ALC255 audio

I followed the Dortania guide and did a efi, the installer Is stuck at IOG flags 0x3 (0x51) 

I have attached my efi folder as a zip kindly help me, I am not too good with this coding type of stuff

EFI.zip

UPDATE: This happens in most coffee lake 9th gen refresh processors with intel UHD 630 Graphics you have to do a set the 3rd port as HDMI otherwise it won't work use this guide here https://github.com/perez987/Intel-UHD-Graphics-630-on-macOS 

Edited by donjave
Solved

• Administrators

Hi, being stuck at the stage you mentioned usually means that graphics are not initialising. Not surprising given that you do not inject any properties against your iGPU, something that's required:

no_iGPU_properties.jpg

This because you simply placed the iGPU properties injection at the wrong place in your OpenCore config file:

PropInj_wrong_place.jpg

Once you correct this by properly placing your properties under the iGPU device, i.e. under PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) just like the layout-id injection under HDEF (audio) device at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0), your system should be able to initialise graphics and complete its boot process.

NB: 1st screenshot shows your config opened in OCC (OpenCore Configurator) app, 2nd one shows your config opened in ProperTree app.

I have performed a nvram reset it now gives me another error applekeystore:7546:127:unexpec, I've searched the internet and can't find anything on this, I dont know if this is doable

this is my current efi can you help me fix it? I have no idea what im doing, followed the guide but im not expert

EFI.zip

• Administrators

@donjave You made a significant mistake in your revised config when attempting to inject iGPU properties under iGPU device at PciRoot(0x0/Pci(0x2,0x0):

Key_error.jpg

You replaced:

AAPL,ig-platform-id

by:

AAPL,slot-name

Oups!

Former (expressed as an hexadecimal, i.e. DATA value) refers to the desired target graphics framebuffer and is essential -not to say mandatory- in most cases, latter (expressed as a text, i.e. STRING value) is more of a cosmetic parameter to specify the PCIe slot and is entirely optional. You need to fix this little mistake.

You should be Ok with an HDMI to VGA adapter as long as it's an active one; HDMI being digital and VGA analog, you require signal conversion. But I guess it's Ok if you're already obtaining your verbose output on screen.

• Administrators

You need to better follow the Dortania guidance for Coffee Lake desktops which you appear to have diverted from. For instance:

1. in the ACPI section, you're not using the recommended SSDT-EC-USBX but a SSDT-USBX table without any specific code for EC.
  2. in the Kernel section, I see that, instead of AppleXcpmCfgLock, you've enabled the AppleCpuPmCfgLock quirk, something meant for CPU power Management on Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge only; it's totally inapplicable to your Coffee Lake platform though it'll do no harm of course. But you may need the other quirk to avoid a kernel panic...
  3. in the Misc->Entries section, I noticed a "CustomOS" entry.

There are probably several other things to double check.