Sudden KP on working D620 with 10.7.3

MoJo1760

I have no idea what's going on here. I've had a D620 (nVidia) running 10.7.3 cleanly for several months using this great guide (actually 3-boot with 10.7.3, Windows 7x64, and Commodore OS Vision).

In the last few days I have suddenly started getting random KP and system shutdowns. In general, I've powered down and then will reboot just fine (sometimes it takes a couple of boot cycles). This KP seems to happen most often with video streaming.

TODAY I have gotten another KP with the "Serious System error...hold power button....etc" error, only it won't come back up normally. starting with -v shows the video driver and the audio driver in the backtrace. I CAN start up using safe-mode (-x) and my other OS are just fine.

How might I fix this...and why did it start so suddenly? I did have a failed 10.7.4 upgrade a month or so ago but I rolled back using a TM backup...and this has JUST started in the last few days....so I don't think it's related. I used the EDP update tool (and re-ran configurations taking defaults for my system) yesterday to try to resolve the shutdown issue. I've also got my laptop sitting on a cooling pad keeping everything nice and chill - so I don't think it's overheating.

I'm stumped.

TIA,

Joe

• Administrators

Dear mojo,

Try to run myfix full mode on your os x system and see if it makes a difference.

I too experience random sleep after rendering and encoding one of my movie for like two days (bad idea, note to myself, dont use your laptop to do any hardcore movie making). I ran myfix full mode and so far everything is holding up. I'm still wondering why rendering/encoding affected my system so badly.

Cheers!