HP 840 G3 macOS 13.0 Ventura beta 8 success

yahgoo

Kudos to @Hervé in helping me to fix the graphics acceleration.

Changes
- Installed macOS Ventura 13.0 beta 8
- Updated to OC 0.8.5 and latest kexts like WEG to spoof SkyLake (SKL) to KabyLake (KBL)
- AltStore 1.5.1 and iPadOS 16.0 works

Working
- Full graphics acceleration on Intel HD620 HD520 iGPU, including brightness control (F5 and F6)
- Multi-display with DisplayPort OOB, VGA
- Audio, microphone input and headset output (F8 and F9) - Mute button not working
- GigEthernet LAN connection
- Wireless and bluetooth with any compatible card (a DW1560 in my case, no Whitelisting)
- left and right USB ports including USB Type-C
- Integrated webcam (OOB)
- CPU power management
- Sleep (Lid, Energy Saver settings, Apple menu, PWR button) & wake (Lid, PWR button)
- Battery management
- Keyboard and touchpad
- Keyboard backlight (F5/F6)
- Touchpad including tap-to-click, scrolling, mouse buttons (can be disable with prt scr key)

Set bios settings as follows:
Advanced tab:
Boot options:
- Fast Boot = Disabled
- Network (PXE) Boot = Disabled
Secure Boot Configuration:
- "Legacy Support Enable and Secure Boot Disable"
System Options:
- Virtualization Technology (VTx) = Disabled (recommended, Enable also worked)
- Virtualization Technology for Direct I/O (VTd) = Disabled (recommended, Enable also worked)
Built-In Device Options:
- Wake On LAN = Disabled
- Video memory size = 64 MB
- LAN/WLAN Auto Switching = Disabled
- Fingerprint Device = Disabled
Power Management Options:
- Extended Idle Power States = Disabled
- Deep sleep = You can keep this enabled
- Wake when Lid is Opened = Enabled
- Wake on USB = Disabled

Credits 
OSXLatitude - @Hervé ,  @Jake Lo

EliteMacx86 - EliteMacx86
Opencore Dev Team

Check out Working EFI

Spoiler

macOS Ventura w Apple Watch Ultra 1600x900.png

• Like 2

• Administrators

-> Topic moved to Ventura beta section since macOS 13.0 remains in pre-release/beta stage to date.

Congrats! See how simple it was? And, of course, it's full graphics acceleration on Intel HD520, not Intel HD620 since your platform is and remains Skylake not Kaby Lake; faking KBL iGPU does not change anything in that respect. As such, I'd have avoided injecting "Intel HD Graphics 620" iGPU model in your OC config. Just to avoid confusion really but it's only cosmetic... :wink:

NB: you mention using a DW1560 wifi card but, on Github, you listed an Apple BCM94360CS2 in your system specifications.

1. I'm confused like where is OC 0.8.5, i would assume that was a typo
  2. Did you get any problems with Sleep or Brightness? Like you, i also wanted to test out the efi on Monterey before actually going to Ventura, i used -igfxsklaskbl but it would break backlit keyboard (fixed with -igfxblr), not being able to wake up from sleep + just a black screen, and no being able to turn the brightness on and off on the Built-in display

My laptop is E7270 like Herve's but just OC instead of Clover

• Administrators

OpenCore 0.8.5 can be assumed to correct, not a typo; you're probably not looking at the right place for it or not aware of it. Acidanthera's Github repo is where the OC packages are posted every month once officially released. Version 0.8.5 will be published there in October. You may still get the pre-release builds from the Dortania Github repo. The OC reference manual has already been updated to v0.8.5.

I suggest you post your E7270 pre-Ventura issues in your own thread in order to avoid polluting this one which is about an HP laptop. Closing it.