Dell Latitude E7240: how to install macOS Monterey and higher?

Bloxxnes
Go to solution Solved by Jake Lo,

Hey, so I have this old Dell Latitude e7240 that I recently have started a hackintosh project on and I have been able to get macOS big sur but nothing higher. I have tried a lot of tutorials on how to update the opencore files but it would either not boot or be stuck on the apple logo.

The specs for my computer are:

16 gb of ram

intel core i7 4600u

touch screen model

EFI: https://www.mediafire.com/file/bnuafbn9detnq57/Dell_E7240_EFI.zip/file

I really just need some help to see if anyone would be willing to help me update my OC efi folder to the latest version.

• Administrators

-> moved to Latitude E7xxx section where this thread belongs.

Monterey retains native support for HD4600 graphics so you should have no issue installing it on your Haswell E7240; I'm pretty sure we have existing guides and threads on the forum for this.

Compared to Big Sur, it's usually just a matter of choosing the correct SMBIOS because Monterey dropped 2013/2014 Haswell MacBook like the MBP11,1 or MBA6,1/MBA6,2 which are typical SMBIOS models used for Haswell Hackintosh laptops. Instead, make sure to use a suitable Haswell model like 2015 MBP11,4 for instance. This is all explained in the Dortania OpenCore guide.

NB: Monterey is last macOS version to support Haswell graphics. 'dropped in Ventura so patching will be required.

• Administrators

I recommend you stick to Monterey for the time being. As you probably know, Ventura drops everything older than Kaby Lake hardware so patches are required on such hardware. Monterey still fully and natively supports Haswell platforms. Ventura will be officially released today but it's best you wait until the required patches are mature enough before you consider installing mac0S 13.0 on your E7240.

On 10/16/2022 at 4:52 AM, Jake Lo said:

Hey, thanks.

Worked fine on E7240 and BigSur.

I gave up setting Intel combo wifi (bluetooth working but not wifi) and solved with usb dongle.

Again, thanks for all work.