Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

How to check if they stock or modified?

My DSDT is one post up, in attachment extraE6400.zip (14.43K)

Where are the NVidia kexts from? Did you or where you got them from modify them by adding the Device and Vendor ID's into the info.plist. That is what we had done to get the E6400/E6500 series to boot to ML. We had added the string: 0x06eb10de&0xffe0ffff, (which includes the Device and Vendor ID's) to the IOPCIMatch key in each one of the kext's info.plists.

Where are the NVidia kexts from? Did you or where you got them from modify them by adding the Device and Vendor ID's into the info.plist. That is what we had done to get the E6400/E6500 series to boot to ML. We had added the string: 0x06eb10de&0xffe0ffff, (which includes the Device and Vendor ID's) to the IOPCIMatch key in each one of the kext's info.plists.

They modified, got them from myHack.kext. But when they removed, system boot fine. Only got huge lags with LaunchPad.

hello All

I would like to say thank you for an excellent post and everybody's advice.

Quick question

how can I make the built-in camera to work? I use Skype and facetime for work all the time.

thank you

Gorgo

You shouldn`t have to do anything. It should "just work". Does your camera work in Windows?

Sorry guys (DaFOB and Davinko). Big brain fart I had earlier. I have two e6500 and I installed OSX on the one without the built-in camera. So I exchaged HD's and now I have Skype and facetime running. You guys rock!.

thank for replying to my post.

I noticed that the battery drains really quickly. When I use Win7 I can use it for about 3 hours, with OSX only about an hour is it normal?

I wish I was a genius like you guys, and figure it out how to install OSX on my Touchsmart IQ526.

I guess I can mounted on the wall convert it into a kitchen media center. Oh well, right now I'm enjoying my "Mac".

Gorgo

Hello guys,

if anyone problem with Mountain Lion on Dell Latitude e6400/6500, try these files.

Its working well on my dell latitude e6500 (C2D T9600 2,8GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Nvidia Quadro NVS160M 256MB, 1920x1200x32@60Hz) on 10.8.2 Mountain Lion.

+ used Chameleon Bootloader r2070.

Sorry guys (DaFOB and Davinko). Big brain fart I had earlier. I have two e6500 and I installed OSX on the one without the built-in camera. So I exchaged HD's and now I have Skype and facetime running. You guys rock!.

thank for replying to my post.

I noticed that the battery drains really quickly. When I use Win7 I can use it for about 3 hours, with OSX only about an hour is it normal?

I wish I was a genius like you guys, and figure it out how to install OSX on my Touchsmart IQ526.

I guess I can mounted on the wall convert it into a kitchen media center. Oh well, right now I'm enjoying my "Mac".

Gorgo

Gorgo, Battery drain at a faster rate is normal when running OSx. Mountain Lion has had some issues early on with battery usage that was partially addressed (but still needs more attention in my opinion) with updates.

Darvinko

thank for the explanation. i'll have my "mac" plugged in at all times. jejeje

Question

If I want to install osx on my touchsmart iq500 which bootloader could be the close one to my specs, and if it is possible to find the kexts for it.

attached are my PC specs

thanks

Gorgo

Gorgo, Battery drain at a faster rate is normal when running OSx. Mountain Lion has had some issues early on with battery usage that was partially addressed (but still needs more attention in my opinion) with updates.

post-7010-047233400 1351022679_thumb.jpg