Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

Hi I am new here and love all the great info posted. I have a E6500 and followed the steps in this guide to setup my system everything works but Bluetooth and Wireless. I don't care about Bluetooth but it is not detected. Wireless is my issue. I have tried both IO80211Family.kext & Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext installed into S/L/E I have done a full Fix and rebooted after trying both kext still no wireless. The Switch is on, wireless and bluetooth work in Windows and Linux. Bios is A27 When I look in Network it shows Ethernet and Firewire but that is all. If I boot verbose I dont see errors but it goes by very fast. Options are on in the Bios. Can someone Please guide me of let me know any other info that is needed. Also I am on ML 10.8 and I built the My Hack with a legit copy bought on the App Store. Thanks for any help.

Thank DoFOB, great job.

On my E6400 (Core 2 Duo T9600 2.80GHz/NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M) everything works out of the box, except Wi-Fi. Fixed with  Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext.

One problem, CPU fan runs full speed all the time, is there a way to fix it? Its very noisy and annoying.

Unfortunately, I've never had much luck either with Power Management in ML.  10.8.2 seemed to have improved this a bit, but the high CPU use and fans kicking in is still more frequent than in Lion.  As one of the other members posted earlier in this thread, using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext might give you basic PM.

Make sure you have a supported WiFi card in your machine. If you have an Intel card, it will not work. The best way is to remove the bottom and physically inspect it.

You beat me to the reply, Darvinko.  :) I was just going to ask if the card is an Intel or a Dell Broadcom card.  As Darvinko said, Intel cards won't work.  If it's a Dell or other BCM-based card, then it should work.

My local hole in the wall computer store had a Atheros Mini Wifi pci-e card I installed it in store and powered up, OS X Detected and I just had to tell it to power the card on and all was good. Thanks again everyone for all your help and hard work.