Mountain Lion on E6400 in 5 Steps!

DaFOB

I followed DaFOB instructions and everything worked fine in my E6400 with ML, except I was getting VoodooPowerMini: Failed to get full power management control of CPU messages, so I downloaded EDP (Install EDP.dmg) and after installing it was never able to reboot again.

I am doing another reinstall using only DeFOB instructions. Is the EDP no good for ML on E6400?

I followed DaFOB instructions and everything worked fine in my E6400 with ML, except I was getting VoodooPowerMini: Failed to get full power management control of CPU messages, so I downloaded EDP (Install EDP.dmg) and after installing it was never able to reboot again.

I am doing another reinstall using only DeFOB instructions. Is the EDP no good for ML on E6400?

I had the same thing, EDP seems to break more than it fixes. Stick to daFob and just remove the PowerMini kexts.

Could someone please contact me? Without knowing the problems, I can't fix EDP, unfortunately. 

If someone who has it perfectly working can send his Extra folder with a description to [email protected], I can have a look. Or just put it here.

iMick, you can grab the zip file from the first post of this thread, which is the "Extra" folder.  I have my E6400 working pretty well.  Even sleep/wake works (though not 100% of the time).  I've edited the file and removed VoodooPowerMini.kext as it doesn't really do anything.  A few people have successfully got ML up and running following these instructions so it should be legit.  Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

For anyone interested, finally got 10.8.3 installed and working. 

Took a little effort so going to do more testing, but long story short: had to insert the DeviceID's into the 3 new nVidia kexts again.

1st post updated with the new editited nVidia kexts for 10.8.3.

We run the gamit  - I had it break Audio (causing a KP with VooDooHDA 2.7.4). Deleted, rebooted, installed VooDooHDA 2.8.2, problem solved. My desktop had no issues. Herve indicates no issues with his other than the false "Installation Failed" message (which I got on the E6400 also). Neither of us has graphics kext issues. I used update via the App store, Herve used Combo update.

We run the gamit  - I had it break Audio (causing a KP with VooDooHDA 2.7.4). Deleted, rebooted, installed VooDooHDA 2.8.2, problem solved. My desktop had no issues. Herve indicates no issues with his other than the false "Installation Failed" message (which I got on the E6400 also). Neither of us has graphics kext issues. I used update via the App store, Herve used Combo update.

Man, aint that the truth!  I've tried every which way to install/update (App store and combo) to 10.8.3 and each and every time the OS wouldn't load w/o re-editing the 3 new nVidia kexts.  I didn't have any VoodooHDA (2.7.4) issues but probably because I use AppleHDADisabler.

I'll add the edited files to this thread for those in my situation; hopefully others are in your boat and don't run into any video issues.

My two desktops (both ASUS boards) updated w/o incident.  Go figure...