Dell XPS 12 9q33: need help to install macOS Ventura

adduvin83

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Absolutely nothing with the IOHIDFamily kext, it's just a patch to be specified in the bootloader config. I have the same patch in the OpenCore pack I posted in my Vostro 200 guide if you want to double check the patch in OC. Make sure to reset NVRAM at OC Picker when you reboot.

Again, this can only work if your touchscreen is USB-based. Do you see it in SysInfo->Hardware->USB? Would be something looking like this:

E7270_touchscreen.jpg

• Administrators

If you still have Windows, I'd also check it out in Device Manager...

But it does not look like the touchscreen of the XPS 12 9Q33 is USB-based but, in fact, connected to the I2C bus alongside the TouchPad. There's probably little chance to get it working under macOS...

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=4p1td&oscode=w864&productcode=xps-12-9q33

Hello I wanted to report this video, which explains the touchscreen system through the UBUNTU operating system. the video explains how touch works with the Atmel maXTouch add-on, with Sputnik PPA kernel. I tried with the kernels attached but I can only get the touch to work in the boot phase (attached photo). Can anyone enlighten on this, thanks

IMG_4689.jpeg

VoodooI2C.kext.zip VoodooI2CAtmelMXT.kext.zip

• Administrators

Not sure I see the relevance of that Ubuntu-related video for macOS (and it's in Italian!) but where did you get that kext from? Didn't it come with instructions and/or proven usage? If it's the stuff posted on GitHub by Coolstar, that's old preliminary work dating back 2018 that comes with zero documentation and never revisited or updated since initial commit. Maybe you should start by contacting the author but I'm pretty sure it's some very unfinished work...

All I can say is, yes, you'll definitely need a driver, i.e. a kext, for this I2C Touchscreen to be supported.