[Solved] Optiplex 3070 Micro: no multiple displays (HDMI & DP) under Monterey 12.6

Desmac

GREETINGS!

I am having a hard time making my setup to work with dual monitor (multiple display) with HDMI and DISPLAY PORT connection at the same time.

Currently, HDMI is working and DP is working individually but when it comes to dual monitor/display no luck. I already spent lot of time looking for solutions but still the problem exist. I’ve done some trials like SMBIOS changing etc… Btw, since I have only HDMI ports in my two monitors, I used 1 display port-hdmi adapter for the other monitor. I am sure there is a solution to this, when booting the open core displayed in the 1 monitor and when it comes to log-in for the macOs it is diplayed in the other. leaving 1 is no signal or display.

Is it possible for my setup to activate dual monitor/display? I really need it for my setup.

WIFI Quantomn not working. (not really important)

THANK YOU EVERYONE for possible help. It will save me time for me and my family.

MODEL: DELL OPTIPLEX 3070 MICRO (MMF)

PROCESSOR: INTEL COREi3 3.1GHZ 9TH GEN 9100T

MEMORY: 16GIG (2X-8GIG DDR4)

GRAPHICS: INTEL UHD 630 1536 MB

MONITOR: 2 IDENTICAL 27INCH 1080P PHILIPS - With 1 VGA AND 2 HDMI PORT

DETAILS.jpg

PIC 1.png

PROPERTIES.png

PIC2.png

EFI_DELL 3070mmf_version 1.zip

Thank You for the response Jake Lo --

UPDATE:

1. HDMI is plug alone - working both monitor is tested.

2. 2 DISPLAY PORT - tested one at a time, it boot up, until the apple logo came, it black screen (no signal in the monitor screen). Both DP-Port is tested and same. Sorry for the first info that DP is working. For the Correction it turns no signal after the apple logo. When I plug HDMI i can see the log-in of macos.

Attached also is my IOReg. Please help. Thank you.

IOReg_HDMI_only is Plugged.ioreg

• Moderators

Not sure if you looked at your IOReg file, but your SMBIos shows Optiplex 3070 instead of iMac19,1 you try to emulate. Don't know if that could be the issue but it's worth looking into.

Looking at your config file, I see you have UpdateSMBIOSMode set to custom which is fine, but you need CustomSMBIOSGuid enabled as well. They both must be paired correctly. You currently have it disabled. If you want it disabled, then you'll need to set UpdateSMBIOSMode to create. Go with the 1st option.

Fix that and see if it makes a difference and we'll go from there.

UPDATE: (SOLVED)

1. I did my best to analyze the iOreg informations regarding frambuffers, studying and practicing what is the effect on config file. 

2. From the iOreg information, I corrected the framebuffers in my config file and from there after reboot, both screen displayed and with signal.

Thank you and more power to this Website advocacy and mission. Thank you Jake Lo for the answers... from it, I decided to check the iOreg carefully. Your The Best!!!

My family can use this computer now for looking work online, church work, school projects and more.

THANK YOU TO ALL TEAM OF https://osxlatitude.com GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

desmac

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 11.48.48 PM.png

IOREG.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 11.49.07 PM.png

IMG_20221123_230630.jpg

IOREG_FINAL.zip

• Like 1