My Perfectly Working D620 Suddenly KP's before Log-in Screen

Materia

I have Mac OS 10.7.0 (Lion) installed on a D620. It's been running perfectly for 2 weeks but now it suddenly KPs every time I turn on the computer. In order to log on, I have to run everything in verbose mode.

Anyone know why this may be the reason?

I can tell you one thing though. This started happening when I left my D620 on all night watching a movie. I accidentally didn't use my charger so when I woke up, my dell's batteries were completely drained. I have since recharged it to 100% but I've been experiencing this KP problem ever since (assuming I don't run it in verbose mode). I don't know how this is related to the KP, but just thought I'd mention it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Repaired permissions. Now it KP's even sooner in the boot process and without a text backdrop.

hmm. I vaguely remember seeing something about C state error in the original KP, which made think something was wrong with the BIOS? But I can't find any options related to that in the BIOS. Probably unrelated.

Sorry about the user-name change. I have different accounts on each computer and I forgot to log off here. I'll respond with Materia from now on, since I can't delete this post.

I tinkered with the install last night and I solved the problem!

I just ran EDP and installed the pre-defined drivers for the D620 again. No more KP after that. I don't know why draining my battery corrupted the drivers but I guess it just did.

run a myfix full on the disk then

I wouldn't be surprised if this would have worked too. Because I think myfix reinstalls the drivers too. Thanks.