DW1560: not working under Monterey

sleo

Hi, I've spent weeks trying to get a native Intel card to work on my E7450, but unfortunately it hasn't worked. I then purchased a DW1830 card, but it too failed to run (as I wrote about here). Yesterday I plugged in my newly purchased DW1560 and still no WIFI. Please help, what is wrong with my E7450? I'm using the kexts and config file from Jake Lo's tutorial, I've updated the OC, kexts, and nothing. Any ideas? Attached *ioreg file.

M_MBP.ioreg

• Administrators

Nothing looks wrong in IOReg. After 3 x different cards, hardware issues being excluded, there can only be an issue with your setup: BIOS settings, macOS installation, bootloader config. Make sure there's nothing disabled in BIOS for Wireless services and do post a zipped copy of your EFI (limit contents to ACPI + kexts folder & config file).

Thanks for the reply. I have Bios ver. 09. I see now that the latest is 0.12. Update? As for the settings themselves, I just had to give "Disable Security Boot" and unchecked "Enabled Legacy Option ROMs" to install Windows 11 paralelly. Under the "Wireless" tab I have everything checked/enabled. Disabled I have on "Wake on LAN/WLAN" and unchecked "Enable UEFI Network Stack" - but I guess that doesn't matter...? As for the files, I'm generally using the same ones as Jake Lo from the tutorial quoted above, but I'll upload them again in the next post. 

EFI

EFI.zip

• Moderators

I have DW1560 working on Monterey and Ventura. 

Just need compatibility added back 

pci14e4,43a0

Not sure how you have have AirportBrcmFixup with version 2.1.6, my files have 2.1.7 but 2.1.6 should work.

Looks like you're running OC 0.7.9 instead of OC 0.8.7 (latest)

Upgrade it and see if it works better.

Yes, I also tried with your "raw" files where pci14e4,43a0 is in the config file but still the card is not responding. I uploaded the old EFI here under DW1830 - sorry I got confused in the files. I will try to update the BIOS to version 0.12 tomorrow. Will also update Open core and kexts and let you know.

Hi,

I have uploaded your OC 0.8.7 package but unfortunately nothing has changed. Below I'm sending logs about loaded kexts, and inf. about the card from System Report. The Wi-Fi icon on the toolbar is crossed out, and inside the system preferences has a red dot with "Off". By clicking "Turn wi-fi on" nothing happens. I tried deleting the *plist files from the SystemConfiguration folder, but that didn't do anything either. 

Regarding BIOS, sorry for the confusion. After clicking F12 during system startup and entering "Bios Flash Update" I have an entry: "Revision A09". I thought it was necessary to do a BIOS update from here to version A12, which I found by looking for information about it on the Dell website. Later I saw that the latest one is however A24 - just as you write. I understand that this version is in your EFI package (0.8.7), and I don't need to update anything here, even though it still shows me after uploading OC 0.8.7 version A09 in the Bios settings?

I don't know what else I can do in this case? Everything should theoretically work... Reset the BIOS settings? I have only tried the Nvram reset option. Could the MBP121.fd file in Apple->Firmware be causing problems here? Parallell installed Windows 11? Could reinstalling the system help something here? 

log.zip

• Administrators

compatible statement carries no value in your OC config; bound to be a problem...

You could get rid of the Intel wireless/Bluetooth kexts, at least disable them in your OC config.

Can't see anything else.

Dear Hervé, thanks for the reply. But as I wrote in the above, I'm now using Jake Lo's OC 0.8.7 files, where everything is ok, set under DW1560 (compatible statement contains value: pci14e4,43a0; config does not contain kexts for Intel card). I updated the Bios to A24, reset the BIOS settings and still nothing. Maybe it's something in my WIFI card? I am uploading the pictures below. 

DW1560_sleo_1.thumb.png.f4dc5c65fbbea32f7dff40c7b8cf75d4.pngDW1560_sleo_2.thumb.png.a7aa8c97a39d7612d20a2cdb944be395.png

• Administrators

3 wireless cards experiencing the same issues: I think it's safe to say the issue lies elsewhere but with the card themselves. Faulty slot (unlikely)? Defective antennas ? Duff macOS installation? Try and make a new build on a separate partition, even if temporarily so.

To rule out a hardware issue, did you try those cards in, say, Windows?