USB Webcam with Mountain Lion

JDubU

I am not able to get my Logitech USB webcam to work at all. It is recognized as an attached USB device in System Information but it does not show up as a camera or a microphone. Facetime, iPhoto, and maccam all say that there is no connected camera. Being a UVC device, it is supposed to be inherently compatible with OSX 10.4.9 or later.

Is there a kext that I need to add? Do I need a different DSDT?

Hardware:

Latitude D630 with Nvidia 135m running Mountain Lion 10.8.1

Logitech C510 USB webcam (UVC(Universal Video Class) supported)

• Administrators

The officially and unofficially supported cameras are listed here:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6471/~/uvc-webcam-support-for-mac-os-10.4.9-and-above

I've found that not all equipment bearing the listed product name, bears the same part # or model #.

For example, I have a C250 and a QuickCam Pro5000 that I've tried under SL/Lion/ML. My C250 works properly under all releases and corresponds 100% to the info listed for that camera. My Pro5000 bears an identical model # (V-UAX16) but a different part # (861283 v supported 861306) and does not work under any SL/Lion/ML.

It's probably worth checking the info on the label (if it's still there of course...).

Sometimes, things are a bit weird with Logitech cameras: according to web site info, my QuickCam Pro 5000 is not supported under Win7 (Logitech provides no Win7-compatible driver or software for it) and, indeed, it does not work under Win7 x86. Yet it's fully functionnal under Win7 x64, obviously through a Microsoft built-in driver!

The officially and unofficially supported cameras are listed here:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6471/~/uvc-webcam-support-for-mac-os-10.4.9-and-above

I've found that not all equipment bearing the listed product name, bears the same part # or model #.

For example, I have a C250 and a QuickCam Pro5000 that I've tried under SL/Lion/ML. My C250 works properly under all releases and corresponds 100% to the info listed for that camera. My Pro5000 bears an identical model # (V-UAX16) but a different part # (861205 v supported 861306) and does not work under any SL/Lion/ML.

It's probably worth checking the info on the label (if it's still there of course...).

Sometimes, things are a bit weird with Logitech cameras: according to web site info, my QuickCam Pro 5000 is not supported under Win7 (Logitech provides no Win7-compatible driver or software for it) and, indeed, it does not work under Win7 x86. Yet it's fully functionnal under Win7 x64, obviously through a Microsoft built-in driver!

Thanks Hervé.

The label on my webcam says:

M/N: V-U0016

P/N: 860-000261

PID: LZ021S7

Which matches the fourth "supported list" entry:

HD Webcam C510 V-U0016 860-000261

I am wondering if anyone has a working USB webcam (of any brand/model) on a EDP install of Mountain Lion on a Latitude D630 (NVidia)?

Thanks Hervé.

The label on my webcam says:

M/N: V-U0016

P/N: 860-000261

PID: LZ021S7

Which matches the fourth "supported list" entry:

HD Webcam C510 V-U0016 860-000261

I am wondering if anyone has a working USB webcam (of any brand/model) on a EDP install of Mountain Lion on a Latitude D630 (NVidia)?

RocketFish HD Webcam, RF-HDWEB

http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-HDWEB.html

My Logitech C250 (P/N: V-U0003, P/N: 860-000180) works perfectly on a D630 nVidia 135m running ML 10.8.1 installed through myHack 3.1.2/EDP v4-r7 method. Macam not even installed.

post-4953-045452100 1347046484_thumb.png

Thanks, that's good to know!

Is EDP v4-r7 the current one? I did my EDP install about a week ago.

If you tried your installation a week ago, you should be using EDP v4-r7. Run EDP tool and you'll see the version/release at the very top line.

Running EDP shows:

-- E.D.P. Rev. 431 ---------------------------

Is that EDP v4-r7?