D630 Dock Compatibility

seb43654

I have one and it works fantastic! I can leave my mouse plugged in, close the lid and when I resume the next day the mouse has power. When coming out of sleep and when not using a dock, the mouse has to be unplugged and plugged in again for the system to recognize it.

I haven't tested the video though.

I'm using the dock as well. Using it to watch Blu-Rays on my flat screen TV using DVI to HDMI adapter.

Multi-Monitor support works like a charm. The only thing that doesn't work is the SPDIF-OUT whicht is due to

no driver support.

Even Hot-Pluggin in and out of the dock works in LION. ML not tried yet, but it should.

But I'm working on a VoodooHDA.kext that will eventually support it someday in the far future :-( cause I have not many spare time to spend on developing I/O Kit drivers. My son is now 7 weeks old and consumes my time :-D

I'm using the dock as well. Using it to watch Blu-Rays on my flat screen TV using DVI to HDMI adapter.

Multi-Monitor support works like a charm. The only thing that doesn't work is the SPDIF-OUT whicht is due to

no driver support.

Even Hot-Pluggin in and out of the dock works in LION. ML not tried yet, but it should.

But I'm working on a VoodooHDA.kext that will eventually support it someday in the far future :-( cause I have not many spare time to spend on developing I/O Kit drivers. My son is now 7 weeks old and consumes my time :-D

Was there anything special you needed to do to get dual monitor working?  

My current setup...

Dell PR01X dock - One DVI and one VGA port

Dell D630 Intel x3100 running 10.7.2 with most current EDP v5.1 rev 372, 8GB ram, SSD

When I plug both my monitors into the dock, and turn the docked laptop on, it first shows me my bios and starts booting on the DVI display, then when it hits the login screen switches to the VGA screen.  If I go into "Settings" and "Displays", and hit detect, it doesnt do anything...  Thoughts?

Docking model Dell PRO1 X for Adapter PA-10 and Dell D630 width Nvidia 135.The man who sold me did not even use it because it did not have the appropriate adapter PA-10. Monitor Fujitsu 22W6. For now it works flawlessly. :) I have had none methods. I just turned on and it works.