Track Pad Stuck in Horizontal

djpumpkin

I have Snow Leopard successfully installed on D630 Nividia and D630 Intel machines.

I've used the latest EDP and stuck with the default / recommended install settings. All is well - except, when the machines boot up - straight after login IF the user uses the trackpad immediately - the cursor movement goes crazy and sticks to the horizontal plane as well as randomly doing right clicks. The only way to get it back to normal is to do a forced restart.

If the trackpad isn't touched for a few seconds after login - it's fine.

So there seems to be a 'window' where the trakpad controller can crash directly on login. Is this a known bug? I can obviously work around this - but it would be good to eliminate this behaviour of course.

• Administrators

I can't remember which default trackpad kext is used with the pre-defined settings. But you can always change that manually. When you opt for your own settings, info is provided about each kext and some are listed as Beta release or with known bugs. In general the VoodooPS2 works really well.

It's the VoodooPS2 I'm using.

I just found out that the issue only occurs with the admin account - so I deleted the prefs relating to trackpad and so far this seems to have fixed the problem.

It looks like the prefs from previous trackpad configurations I tried was causing the glitch.

It's the VoodooPS2 I'm using.

I just found out that the issue only occurs with the admin account - so I deleted the prefs relating to trackpad and so far this seems to have fixed the problem.

It looks like the prefs from previous trackpad configurations I tried was causing the glitch.

Actually the bug has re-surfaced. In Mac OS9 it was possible to change the load order of extensions - if there was a method to do this in OSX this might fix this. Guess I can live with it / work around it though.