Running E.D.P. and updating on dell D620

diablohacker

Hey everyone.I discovered this site after buying a Dell D620 and now have a hackintosh thanks to the great tools and guides here.I have a couple of questions since this is my first hack.I have installed OSX Lion 10.7.2 on my Dell using my hack and the boot pack from here.I downloaded the installedp.dmg from here and ran that,and it does its auto run stuff,but when it goes into terminal I can not enter any text at all.Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.I need to get sound working and make sure cooling is going to work properly so I don't fry this thing.I have also downloaded the 10.7.4 combo update and need a guide on how to do the update on the Dell.

My specs are:Dell Latitude D620

2.0ghz Intel core2duo

2gigs ram

60 gig hard drive

Intel graphics

Broadcom wireless

No bluetooth installed yet

Bios revision A10

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

• Administrators

Hi,

You seem to follow the correct procedure.

EDP is menu driven, so very little text to type, just numbers or "yes/no". Do you see the password prompt when you launch EDP? Or are you saying that your keyboard is non-functional at all? In that case, try an external USB one. But I guess that you must have had the keyboard working at the early stage, at least to complete installation process and create login account...

For update to 10.7.4, it's very simple: you run the Combo update and, upon completion, do not reboot but re-run EDP to re-install your kexts. Then you can reboot into 10.7.4.

Hi,

You seem to follow the correct procedure.

EDP is menu driven, so very little text to type, just numbers or "yes/no". Do you see the password prompt when you launch EDP? Or are you saying that your keyboard is non-functional at all? In that case, try an external USB one. But I guess that you must have had the keyboard working at the early stage, at least to complete installation process and create login account...

For update to 10.7.4, it's very simple: you run the Combo update and, upon completion, do not reboot but re-run EDP to re-install your kexts. Then you can reboot into 10.7.4.

Also, I've found that EDP does not echo the text when you are asked (at the very beginning) to type in your system password. It seems like the keyboard is not working but it really is. Just type the password in blind and hit enter. After that, EDP will properly echo anything that you type in.