[Solved] Latitude 7400: unable to install Ventura with OpenCore

Xristomania
Go to solution Solved by Baio77,

• Administrators

Development for Intel wireless cards under macOS Ventura remains at alpha stage for the moment as clearly indicated on the ITLWM Github repo. Support under alpha version 2.2.0 is known to be pretty poor for some cards as can be expected; there should be not surprise there. Best indeed to opt for Monterey unless using a supported Broadcom card.

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

https://openintelwireless.github.io/itlwm/FAQ.html#installation

My wifi card is intel 9560, I bought a BCM94360CS2, though to my bad calculations in won't fit here. So until I order a BCM94360NG I have to work with the adapter I have. Wifi works poorly on Ventura with Airportitlwm 2.2.0 alpha and so does the bluetooth. I tried to connect through my AirPods Pro and it would just pause/unpause all the time and seem to not have enough bandwidth. I currently am downloading the Monterey installer to make a Monterey installation, as far as blacklight goes, using the SSDT-PLNF that @Baio77 provided, it gives me control over the brightness, but it takes 2-3 minutes after boot for the backlight to kick in. Another one I made kicks in instantly but the brightness is always max which is not optimal.

I know about the USBs I haven't mapped the USBs with usbtoolbox on windows to have the full mapping done. Also I probably need to implement the ssdt tables I made from my dsdt since I did them with the dortania guide they should work. Also for the wifi and the bluetooth since the card is in the supported page of itlwm and on the bluetoothpatch page with no notes on them they probably should work. Handoff works no problem just the straight up bluetooth connection does not stand.

I fixed all the bugs that I tested. I will attach my ioreg if you maybe catch anything and I will wait for bcm94360ng to arrive and finally fix connectivity properly. As of connectivity for now, connecting to wifi networks works great actually, hotspots are a hit or miss and bluetooth is straight up unusable. The network adapter I currently have is Intel AC 9560.

Christos’s MacBook Pro.ioreg

• Like 1