10.8.1 on Optiplex 755

dm4n

10.8.3 Update:

Downloaded the Combo update from Apple (instead of via appstore)

Ran myHack before Restart. Didn't replace any kexts in S/L/E

Also, I connected new Crossover 30" WQHD monitor.

Everything works oob- monitor and resolution (2560*1600) recognised in System information.

Still have to add ATI 5670 as the video card in System Properties.

Cheers and Good Hack :ph34r:

Hello, just recently found one of these laying around figured i'd give it a try too.

I got everything working beside wake from sleep, does not wake from keyboard or mouse only from powerbutton and even then take awhile before there video output like 2.5 mins. Any help would be much appreciated.

System: 

c2q 

2GB RAM

nVidia gt 520 1GB card.

Install:

Restore base system method and copying package from appstore download.

install with:

AppleIntelE1000e
Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
GraphicsEnabler=No

Hi rayzedge,

Congratulations on getting the 755 working as a hackintosh!

My machine does wake from 'sleep' using keyboard and mouse. But I use the term 'sleep' in a qualifited sense since I can stil  hear fans and possibly HD's whirring. Pretty sure that the machine sleeps more fully when booted into Windows.

I don't have option darkwake=0 checked  on my smbios.plist using Chameleon Wizard.

Nor do I have the patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext in s/l/e.

Make sure you don't have NullCPUPowerManagement kext installed in Extras folder.

Good luck!

Update: OS 10.9 Mavericks working.

Here's my method which may/may not be optimal. Your mileage may vary.

Method: for installing

1. Used myHack 3.3 to create a 10.9 usb installer.
  2. Copied 3 kexts from S/L/E on the usb to desktop: IOPCIFamily.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext, AppleAHCIPort.kext
  3. Substituted the following kexts from existing 10.8.5 install IOPCIFamily.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext, AppleAHCIPort.kext onto the usb (use a kext utility) as per here.
  4. disconnected other HD's, check BIOS set to AHCI, set boot sequence to boot from usb and installed 10.9.

Method for booting:

1. Replaced IOPCIFamily.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext (with the 10.9 kexts previously saved to desktop) in S/L/E of the Mavericks install. Note that  the ML 10.8.5 AppleAHCIPort.kext left in place.
  2. Run myHack fix permissions etc. Reboot.

Good luck!