Volume settings after reboot

jochenende

I've noticed following issue with the volume settings of the integrated audio codec after restart:

The volume settings that i have made are stored in sound prefpane properly, also after reboot, but once i change the output volume via multimedia keys or with the volume slider in the menu-bar, the volume jumps first to max. and then it behaves normally. It also seems that the volume slider is not "linked" to the the multimedia keys, because if i change the output volume with the multimedia keys there are no visible changes in the menu bar item (also the slider stays at maximum). Once i move the slider it seems like the slider takes control over the output volume setting and vice versa (sorry, it's a little bit hard to explain...)

Also the volume settings are not stored properly when the computer goes to sleep - after a wake, the output volume is set to maximum. But for this case i found a workaround using sleepwatcher (made for former versions of voodoohda, but also works fine for applehda and fakestac, just let me know if anybody needs that...)

So, I wanted to ask if somebody noticed same behaviour on his machine and if that's a known issue with applehda + fakestac or is there maybe a simple solution? Thanks.

I've noticed following issue with the volume settings of the integrated audio codec after restart:

The volume settings that i have made are stored in sound prefpane properly, also after reboot, but once i change the output volume via multimedia keys or with the volume slider in the menu-bar, the volume jumps first to max. and then it behaves normally. It also seems that the volume slider is not "linked" to the the multimedia keys, because if i change the output volume with the multimedia keys there are no visible changes in the menu bar item (also the slider stays at maximum). Once i move the slider it seems like the slider takes control over the output volume setting and vice versa (sorry, it's a little bit hard to explain...)

Also the volume settings are not stored properly when the computer goes to sleep - after a wake, the output volume is set to maximum. But for this case i found a workaround using sleepwatcher (made for former versions of voodoohda, but also works fine for applehda and fakestac, just let me know if anybody needs that...)

So, I wanted to ask if somebody noticed same behaviour on his machine and if that's a known issue with applehda + fakestac or is there maybe a simple solution? Thanks.

You're not the only one, I have the same result on my D630.