BCM4352 download speed difference

robi62

Hi I seem to have a problem I have same wifi card installed in two different hackintosh machines

The card in question is AW-CE123H

First one is an hp 9470m running os Catalina and second one on a lenovo m73 tiny os Monterey.

On hp good  download speed but Monterey does not.

I even used same kext bcrmfixup kext and that did not improve.

I changed the cards and first boot on Monterey speed was good but after reboot went slow again..

Any ideas why is this happening??

As you can see on photo hp txrate is 867 while on lenovo txrate is 434??

5C073D16-8A8E-4289-B74F-0FBE58A04993.jpeg

4103F67E-F898-466B-A928-4C1C32C53E88.jpeg

Edited by robi62

• Administrators

TX/RX rates depend entirely on antennas and physical environments, not the OS. Your screenshots clearly show that both systems hook on your wireless network with identical specs: channel 40 (5GHz, 80MHz). Whilst you may not obtain 100% identical results between the 2 computers, you should nevertheless expect to obtain very similar results if both machines are sitting at roughly the same place. Afterwards, it depends on the antenna's characteristics and quality.

5GHz wireless networks are heavily sensitive to distance and signal reduction due to walls and other environmental elements. Hence why you should only compare TX/RX rates if computers stand at the same physical place. One other thing to note -as observed and detailed here- is that using AirportBrcmFixup can affect TX/RX rates. Make sure you use identical configurations on your 2 computers when you make your comparisons.

Hi Herve’ config are the same same version of airportbcmfixup country code is same us and even if I put laptop furthest away it still show higher tx rate 

What I dont understand is why it worked for a couple of times when I swapped cards or change the cables .. then it reverts to lower speed Im really intrigued...

Ok I realised what it is ...

the antenna  on the lenovo tiny desktop is crap compared to the laptop so I played around and by bringing it closer to router I achived the desired tx rate..

So it was what Herve’ suggested

image.jpg