Latitude E6430: OC 0.8.8 Catalina 10.15.7 - Need advice

Viez

Hello

I've been trying to put a hackintosh on a dell e6430 for several days, but I'm at a dead end. I'm making a hack from scratch. I am using Opencore version 0.8.8. I can't deal with a few things. I have added SSDT-EC, SSDT-PNLF and SSDT-HPET + OC_Patches.plist and SSDT-PNLF in the config. I have problem with usb3 mapping, all ports work in usb2. I have a working mapping from a previous version of High Sierra. I tried to start usb with USBInjectAll.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, FakePCIID.kext and XhciPortLimit -> True., but it does not detect usb3 ports for me.

It detects them only when I add DSDT.aml to config.plist, only that the OPENCORE guide says not to add it because it is already implemented

EFI.zip

All usb works.

I had problem with usb 3 low voltage but after removing FakePCIID.kext ,and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and XhciPortLimit-> false, and after adding usbmap and  SSDT-XOSI + patch, usb works.

Now I have a problem with the backlight, i.e. the fn+Up, down and fn+f10 keys do not work. Also, the sound does not work for me, but hdmi audio works. In the audio section in hackintool I have the audio card visible.

I tried boot args alcid=12

EFI.zip

added layout-id to DeviceProperties and restarted nvram a few times, audio works.

I had situations that the wifi did not work several times, I could not turn on the card. Same thing with the trackpad. It's working, for now.

edit: I'm trying to run fn+up and down for blacklight

EFI.zip

1. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC working  with kextstat | grep -E "AppleSMBusController|AppleSMBusPCI"  i have two items in terminal like in opencore tutorial

2. SSDT-GPRW.aml  from what I understood, this ssdt fixes sleep and rather works. Previously, I had a problem with immediate waking up after sleep

3. SSDT-BRT6.aml fn+up/down not working I changed the options from GFX0 to IGPU in two cases it does not work

next bug Sleep

It does not always wake up or hangs. LID sleep does not work, only works with fn + f1 or from the menu. Waking up from sleep fires from the power button, or when I close and open the lid

edit: I did as in the opencore guide, i.e:

sudo pmset autopoweroff 0

sudo pmset powernap 0

sudo pmset standby 0

sudo pmset proximitywake 0

sudo pmset tcpkeepalive 0

• Administrators

Post a copy of your latest EFI folder. We've had plenty of threads and guides for these ageing E6x30 models for years so I'm surprised you have such issues with your Catalina build. You may also want to switch to Clover; it's a lot less daunting than OpenCore and works perfectly on those old Ivy Bridge laptops.