Lenovo U410 (i5-3337u): no touchpad/bluetooth/backlight under Monterey

piper

Hi @Hervé, I extracted a IOReg file from the older macOS( High sierra, Lenovo U410: Core i5-3337u @1.8GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Intel HD 4000, 1366x768). I cannot  understand the information from the file, and upload to the website. Hope that will be useful to solve the problem. Thanks.

lenovo_u410.ioreg

• Administrators

It would appear to be a Synaptics touchpad. So you just need to look for a good old driver (kext) for such models. I'm probably not the best person to provide references on the matter because I've only ever had Dell laptops with Alps touchpad but look up our R&D/Hardware info sections where you'll find several threads related to Synaptics touchpads. You may not obtain all of the fancy features of course but basic mouse gliding + tapping + scrolling should work.

Hi @Hervé. I appreciated your advice before. Now I have got trackpad worked (got 2 fingers and 3 fingers) using VoodooPS2Controller from here: https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2.

I did some DSDT patches (layout id 12 and IRQ fix for audio, "0D-zero" for instant wake, battery patch). Now I still got problems with buletooth and backlight. The bluetooth (AR 3012) can be displayed in USB3.0 port, but cannot find other devices actually. Hope you would give me some advice. Thanks a lot.  

CLOVER.zip

• Administrators

Great that you got your touchPad working. Removing forbidden link (please read our published rules) and renaming your thread since you're now engaging in sorting out new issues.

Re: backlight control, you'll need to add a SSDT-PNLF to your folder for patched ACPI table. Affix, you could not require that ACPIBacklight kext you got in your Clover setup.

Re: Bluetooth, it's an Atheros module so I don't believe you'll get that supported under Monterey. Only Broadcom devices are these days... Given that your Wireless card is an Atheros AR9485 model, something that was always fairly poorly supported and not natively so, I recommend you ditch it and replace it by a fully supported Broadcom card, ideally of apple origin. Given that this is an Ivy Bridge laptop, I guess it uses mini-PCIe cards (not NGFF/M.2) so you may want to consider an Apple BCM94360CD on a mini-PCIe adapter. Such card uses the same antenna connectors as regular mini-PCIe cards but it requires 4 antennas (3 for full 5GHz/867Mbps wireless and 1 for Bluetooth). It remains fully and natively supported to this day in current macOS Ventura. See our old dedicated thread on the matter for details.