[Solved] E6430: Locking up when waking from sleep

My Dell Latitude E6430 locks up when I wake from sleep. Sometimes it freezes the second it wakes, sometimes it'll take 5-15 seconds after waking before it freezes. Does anyone know a fix? My efi is attached.

The specs are not in my signature as I am already using all 4 lines -- Dell Latitude E6430, Intel Core i5-3380m, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2x4GB DDR3, 240gb teamgroup ssd, macOS 11.7.7

efi - https://files.catbox.moe/fmes9f.7z

• Administrators

You run with the config you used to install Big Sur on this unsupported platform which is using MBP11,1 SMBIOS. Whilst this allows you to keep Big Sur updated, my experience is that it prevents proper CPU power management. You should therefore make a backup of this config (for future use to update Big Sur) and revert SMBIOS to MBP9,2 or MBP10,2 and add boot flag -no_compat_check of course. Also make sure you've disabled hibernation as per the dedicated thread in our FAQ section.

You may also have opted for something incorrect when you applied the OCLP patch. But only you can tell us what you did in that respect...

NB: There is no limitation to 4 lines for your signature; you must be confusing OSXLatitude with InsanelyMac...

Disabling hibernation fixed the issue. Thanks!

I see that you mentioned OCLP, as far as I know, OCLP is not needed for Big Sur on HD 4000. According to the Dortania guide, all you have to do to run Big Sur on HD 4000 with full acceleration is use a Haswell SMBIOS.

Also OSXLatitude does seem to have the 4 line limit, as seen in the attached photo.

imag2e.png

• Administrators

My apologies, you're absolutely right on both fronts. Too tired, need to take a rest. HD4000 does indeed remain natively supported in Big Sur; just not with Ivy Bridge SMBIOS profile.

Limitations of lines in signature does not apply to admin accounts but I've extended it to 5 for regular members. Beyond that, it'd get too big. Remember that you may just stick to the essentials in signature and may detail more than one system per line if you separate them properly.