E7270: How to install macOS Ventura?

surajrai

It is with Clover which requires us to download Ventura app on mac and then install to our USB. I have been noticing that the EFI that we have now is for Open Core and the open core method is a bit different. I could not find the open core method. I can boot the usb but could not reach to recovery where the installation has to take place. I know I am missing something. 

I tried to follow this one Dell Latitude E7x70 - Clover and OpenCore - Dell - osxlatitude.com  but It does not seem to be a beginner friendly.

• Administrators

Not beginner friendly? Those are complete step-by-step guides! And Clover is anything but obsolete by the way.

Clover or OpenCore, it does not matter, you need to download the macOS installation app one way or another. This does not require to have a Mac if you care to search a little but, yes, those guides are geared towards users with access to a macOS platform (Mac, Hackintosh or VM). If you believe things are different with OpenCore, you're up for a surprise... I suggest you start by doing the minimum homework required. If you're looking for a method to build a USB installer from, say, Windows, I also suggest you use the forum Search facility and/or check our FAQ section.

A vanilla installation requires an installation app of some sort, a bootloader and the appropriate bootpack (aka "EFI") for the target computer.

In case you completely missed it, do consult the Dortania online documentation that provides complete guidance re: building an OpenCore-based USB installer. You may then apply the OpenCore bootpack posted in JakeLo's OpenCore guide so that you can properly boot the USB installer on your E7270 laptop.

If you expect to find a ready-made bootable image that you'll simply restore on a bootable media, I'm afraid you won't find anything of the sort here.

• Administrators

i5-6200U CPU with HD520 graphics is not an issue per sé but Ventura has no native support for Skylake iGPUs. Make sure you follow the available documentation and use Kaby Lake KBL graphics settings + SMBIOS.  Look at our archived Ventura beta threads if necessary.

I was able to install ventura 13.3 succesfully on my machine. There are two problems that i am facing: 

1. When I replace the config.plist with intel plist I only see blackscreen after boot up. If someone can share the ventura tested EFI for Intel that would be a great help.

2. I am not sure how to do the post install setting as mentioned in the ventura installation OC post. My external monitir works perfect but then laptop display flickers a lot and keep going black screen and then come back. Please help me here. I am very new here. Do not have any context how to change SMBIOS and stuff post indtallation.

Hi Thank you so much for reverting back. I was having a lot of issues so I installed Monterey 12.6.6. The only problem that I face is the screen starts to flicker after My Machine wakes from sleep. Also Is is okay to enable NVMefix.kext? I am asking this because it was disabled by default.  Below is my Plist (couldn't upload efi as it was more than 19 MB) that I am Using. Please help.

config.plist.zip