OSX D630 T9300 NVidia 1440x900

elim

My goal is to get better D630 for OSX. If possible, make ML perform on it. So I got this T9300 2.5Gh C2D NVidia 1440x900 from ebay. $142 including shipping.

My first try is to modify an existing D630 intel 1440x900 clone by deleting /Extra and boot from it via usb installer. This was proven won't work.

The usb SL installer I made was out of 10.6.3 DVD, D630NVidia bootpack by myHack2.2. I did modified the org.charmleon.Boot.plist to have

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

And I replaced the DSDT.aml by the one from D630NVS ML bootpack.

Anyway, I have to do a fresh install.

Except I had to wait a few minutes to see the sunflower wheel spinning, the installation went quite smoothly.

But my first 'installation complete reboot' via installer got problems:

1) Welcome video without sound

2) Mouse click 'next' not working

3) No way to move forward creating account etc.

So hard power off, and then keep KP during reboot, verify disk is ok, fix permissions no use and so erase the partition, turn off wifi in bios and redo the installation.

Reboot, no sound either, but this time the external mouse worked and I finished the EDP1.9.2 installation and configuration, boot load also installed

This somehow fixed the sound (it says no sound output device the first time I checked system preferences and now it says sound IO is fine)

No wifi, even when I turned the wifi on and installed the particular version of IO80211family.kext, not working. I used BCM94321 wifi card, the kext was installed to /System/Library/Extensions via kext wizard app since there is a kext of the same name when OS is installed. I just need to replace it with mine.

Well, do what I can: upgrade the system to 10.6.8. But so wired, it kept telling me there are some unknown error and quit. Fix permission error? Repair disk? But there is nothing to fix. What happened? Googling the web I got the trick: change the system time back 1 year, and the update combo kindly run again!

After the upgrade, wifi simply worked. And I thus got a perfect SL installation on T9300NVS 1440x900! sleep works as my T7250.

It is now tripple boot XP, SL and Ubuntu. I'll add ML as soon as I got a bigger HDD.

Thanks a lot to osxlatitude team

• Administrators

Hey, looks like you chose a complicated way... Why did you use EDP 1.9.2? This is kind of old stuff, considering EDP is up to version 4. SL support was added to EDP v3.

Re: long delay at getting the spinning wheel at installation, boot off your installation media with option USBBusFix=No; that normally fixes it.

Hey, looks like you chose a complicated way... Why did you use EDP 1.9.2? This is kind of old stuff, considering EDP is up to version 4. SL support was added to EDP v3.

Re: long delay at getting the spinning wheel at installation, boot off your installation media with option USBBusFix=No; that normally fixes it.

I tried EDP v3 a while ago (better integrated pkg, about the same for SL as 1.9.2). Will try v4. Don't know if there are changes for SL.