Updating to Lion 10.7.5

DaFOB

Don't know if anyone has tried to update to 10.7.5 on the D430 yet so just reporting my results. I read of successful updates on the D630 without much intervention but I wasn't so lucky on the D430 the first time around.

Ran the combo update (though the app store update might yield the same results) and rebooted. Boot up didn't KP, but stuck on spinning wheel. Booting w/ -v showed the dreaded "waiting for root device" error. Replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the one from 10.6.7, and IOPCIFamily.kext with netkas' modified version for ML and then system booted fine.

Not saying replacing these two files is the fix, but it worked for me...

• Administrators

Hi, I don't have a D430 to play with at the moment, but I reckon this would be addressed by upgrading to latest EDP release prior to updating to 10.7.4 or 10.7.5. From a late v3 release (can't remember which one), EDP includes the working kexts (verified with EDP v3 r431).

Hi, I don't have a D430 to play with at the moment, but I reckon this would be addressed by upgrading to latest EDP release prior to updating to 10.7.4 or 10.7.5. From a late v3 release (can't remember which one), EDP includes the working kexts (verified with EDP v3 r431).

And right you are. Prior to updating to 10.7.5, I updated my EDP from v3 r424 to v3 r431 just to play it safe. I also downloaded Kext Wizard and the problematic kexts to my desktop just in case. After download, Install and reboot, a smooth transition into 10.7.5. Repaired permissions afterward (something I've always done after any downloads for the OS), and took it for a test ride without a hitch. Thanks DaFOB and Herve!