video error

Hatchet92882

Hey guys, I got OSX installed on my d620. When i reboot it will load and when it goes to the main screen, my screen goes black, the only way it would boot is to use the modCD. Anyone have any clue to fix this? I installed my EDP figuring it will fix it but not it just kernal panics, tells me i need to hit the power button. Anyone have a fix for this?

• Administrators

I thought only the D630 had the black screen issue, but I could be wrong of course... Never had it on my D620 nVidia and I initially set it up with SL through ModCD.

On the D630 Intel HiRes, with SL installed through ModCD, the black screen issue could be temporarily fixed by hooking an external screen to the laptop and using that screen as display during boot process. On boot completion, display would return to laptop LCD.

To fix that issue, you just need to place the appropriate DSDT table in /Extra. Get it off the Bootpack available on this site. To boot without ModCD, you need to install Chameleon on your HDD.

From memory, but that goes back to my very early attempts to install SL, you can install EDP on a ModCD installation. Although, may be not with legacy kernel, I can't remember...

I would really recommend that once you have a ModCD installation working, you make a new USB installation pen with myHack.

I thought only the D630 had the black screen issue, but I could be wrong of course... Never had it on my D620 nVidia and I initially set it up with SL through ModCD.

On the D630 Intel HiRes, with SL installed through ModCD, the black screen issue could be temporarily fixed by hooking an external screen to the laptop and using that screen as display during boot process. On boot completion, display would return to laptop LCD.

To fix that issue, you just need to place the appropriate DSDT table in /Extra. Get it off the Bootpack available on this site. To boot without ModCD, you need to install Chameleon on your HDD.

From memory, but that goes back to me very early attempts to install SL, you can install EDP on a ModCD installation. Although, may be not with legacy kernel, I can't remember...

I would really recommend that once you have a ModCD installation working, you make a new USB installation pen with myHack.

But the problem is that i cant get myhack to see my jump drive