Bluetooth Lost on Wake from Sleep

djpumpkin

I have Snow Leopard installed on 3 x D630 intel machines. The machines all sleep and wake OK - except that bluetooth is lost.

Sometimes the bluetooth sybmol is greyed out with a line through it - other times the symbol is gone completely. The bluetooth blue LED is always lit.

The only way to recover bluetooth function is to restart the machine. I have searched the forum to see if anyone else has this issue, or if it is a known problem but I don't see anything.

I'm using the latest EDP.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I no longer run SL, but I have no such issue under Lion (D630, X3100, EDP v3 r431 + D630, X3100, EDP v4 r7) or ML (D630, nVidia, EDP v4 r7). I even have different models of BT adapters from one D630 to another. I'd say your issue is probably related to kexts rather than BIOS settings or H/W.

Which EDP kexts did you install? Pre-defined values or user-defined ones? Can you confirm your EDP version?

I always opt for self-defined values and install the following:

- NullCPUPowerManagement

- SleepEnabler

- VoodooTSCsync

- Emulated SpeedStep

Then, I usually apply the Hibernation fix.

On all my D630s, I have Wifi + BT controlled by the switch (that is a BIOS setting) and both services resume Ok after wake (BT can take something like 20 to 30s on occasions).

In terms of BT settings, I have BT activated (of course), detectable and BT sharing active.

I no longer run SL, but I have no such issue under Lion (D630, X3100, EDP v3 r431 + D630, X3100, EDP v'4 r7) or ML (D630, nVidia, EDP v4 r7). I even have different models of BT adapters from one D630 to another. I'd say your issue is probably related to kexts rather than BIOS settings or H/W.

Which EDP kexts did you install? Pre-defined values or user-defined ones? Can you confirm your EDP version?

I always opt for self-defined values and install the following:

- NullCPUPowerManagement

- SleepEnabler

- VoodooTSCsync

- Emulated SpeedStep

Then, I usually apply the Hibernation fix.

On all my D630s, I have Wifi + BT controlled by the switch (that is a BIOS setting) and both services resume Ok after wake (BT can take something like 20 to 30s on occasions).

In terms of BT settings, I have BT activated (of course), detectable and BT sharing active.

The exact same happens on my laptop - bluetooth doesn't work after waking from sleep (D630 Nvidia, Mountain Lion). I used the predefined option in EDP, but didnt apply the hibernation fix (I just installed sleep enabler.kext)

What does the hibernation fix do?

Seb

I just did a clean install of SL and updated to 10.6.8 before installing and running EDP. This time I used the downloadable Beta EDP installer from here http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/download/

When I ran EDP the version was given as: -- OSXLatitude E.D.P Version #4 (Rev: 12) ------

I used the user defined config for D630 intel 1400x900 which includes:

- NullCPUPowerManagement

- SleepEnabler

- VoodooTSCsync

- Emulated SpeedStep

I ran the hibernation fix.

The result is the same - Bluetooth is lost on waking from sleep. The loss is random, sometimes if I put the system to sleep and wake it it's fine: but usually after the second or third time it goes off. Closing the lid to enter sleep mode seems more likely to disable bluetooth.

My only other issue is that the trackpad control freaks out if I use it straight after logging in as described here: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1797-track-pad-stuck-in-horizontal/ I'm not sure if this is related - but it happens on all of my machines also.

Sorry for my delayed response - I'm using PS2 driver 4

Here are my complete EDP settings (the default for D630 Nvidia)

PS2 driver: 4

Audio driver: 4

Battery driver: 0

Install NullCPUPowerManagement: yes

Install SleepEnabler: yes

Install VoodooTSCsync: yes

Use custom kernel: no

Use custom chameleon: no

Emulated speedstep: yes

• Administrators

Just in case, compare your BIOS settings with those provided at section root: http://forum.osxlati...-settings-d630/

I do not use the pre-defined EDP installation kexts, I use the following:

- VoodooPS2 controller (ANV-Slice for ML)

- NullCPUPowerManagement

- SleepEnabler

- VoodooTSCSync

- Emulated SpeedStep

- Patch audio AppleHDA (D630) or VoodooHDA (more stable)

Followed by Hibernation Fix + Touch /S/L/E

Which BT adapter do you have? http://forum.osxlati...tooth-adapters/

What are your Chameleon boot plist settings?

Thanks for the suggestions. I took a look at the BIOS settings and I have all of them pretty much the same - I've now got identical bios settings and still have the problem.

I alos tried running edp with a different audio option and apple battery. Still the same behaviour.

My Bluetooth is the dw 360 - which works fine in my windows 7 partition with the latest driver.