Bluetooth Lost on Wake from Sleep

djpumpkin

@Bronxteck I tried swapping the cards around - same result. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@Hervé my patched IO80211Family.kext is version 3.2 and the plugins are all different versions to yours. Could you please upload a zipped copy of your IO80211Family.kext ?

Fingers crossed...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for sharing that Hervé. I've tried it but it still doesn't solve the problem. MAybe it's because I have the 360 not 350 bluetooth model? My firmware is certainly a higher version than yours at 4315

I've attached my system profiler report bluetooth info.

post-5585-054954900 1354626017_thumb.png

• Administrators

I have the same (good) behaviour whether I use a BT350 or a BT360 adapter, so I rule out hardware/model-related issue.

In your System Profiler, can you check your extensions for IO80211.kext? Which version does it show? I expect 1111, i.e. myHack. Provided you've run myFix (full) after that you copied "my" kext to /E/E, I would expect to find no 80211Family plugins (or empty plugins folder) in /S/L/E/myHack.kext.

Can you check that out to establish if the "new" kext is indeed loaded?

2) open contents of myHack.kext and check plugins folder

2) you should find IO80211Family.kext

3) open that kext and check its plugins folder -> should be empty

4) open the version.plist file -> should show v3.1.2

You say your firmware at v4315 is higher than mine. Not exactly... After my tests, I said:

- BT350 adapters -> firmware v2422

- BT360 adapters -> firmware v4315

so everything certainly looks Ok to me on that matter.

I attach copy of the reported specs of the BT360 adapter as fitted to my D630 X3100 running Lion 10.7.5. You'll see that hardware is identical and software is different, presumably due to different versions of OS X.

BT360_D630-X3100_Lion10.7.5.png

Thanks for your very detailed response Hervé. I have gone through each of the steps and my configuration is the same as yours. It's good to be able to eliminate bluetooth hardware / firmware issues.

This still hasn't fixed the issue unfortunately.

I notice from you are using BIOS A18 - I am using A17, I might try upgrading this.

It made no difference at all. I can't think of anything else to try.

I've turned "AirPort: Off" in the menu and done 10 sleep/wake cycles and Bluetooth always returns on wake. With "AirPort: On" the problem returns.

When you tested sleep/wake on your machines did you have AirPort active?

• Administrators

Yes, Wifi is always on, I never deactivate it. Both BT + Wifi run and wake concurrently.

One last thing you could do, to match my laptop even more, is to copy my /S/L/E/IO80211Family kext to your /S/L/E, re-run myFix and try once more.

-> PM