latitude d630: n00b and kernel panic, HELP D=

domini99

Hey, i am pretty new to hackintosh, i succeeded an old asus model, but i want my dell latitude d630 to run os x too.

My setup:
Dell latitude d630.
Intel core duo 2 ghz
2gb ram
Gma965 / Intel 965 Express chipset family videocard

I heard somewere the os x 10.6 retail should work.
I installed eaaybcd on my windows7, surprisely that tool could add chameleon to my mbr. Using mactransfer i burned the retail dmg to my usb.
When i start in chameleon, it asks my to boot of it, i press f8 and add -v

I tried diffrent flaggs, but always get the same kernel panic!

GroteFoto-L8OSTB6D.jpg

What am i doing wrong?
Please help me sad.gif

• Administrators

Other people have encountered trouble with Virtual Machine to create the myHack USB installation media.

Try using NawCom BootCD to setup your D630 with a temp SL installation (using mach or legacy kernel) from where you can then re-create a proper myHack SL installation boot key and start afresh with a fully OSXL-supported method. Do a little search, I've detailed this method on the forum not that long ago.

Make sure to use the correct bootpack for your D630, as there are 3:
1) D630, intel graphics, 1280x800
2) D630, intel graphics, 1440x900
3) D630, nVidia graphics

Eeehmm...

What i did:

I started my laptop in windows xp, set up a virtual machine running iFail v7

in that virtual machine myhack didnt run, so i manually copied the kexts to the /system/liberary/extensions folder.

restarted my laptop in chameleon, the usb booted succesfully, installed os x snow leopard (retail)

After reboot i got that kernel panic, wich i immidiatly know kexts were missing, coz it was the same kernel panic.

This afternoon im going to reinstall os x, but this time format hdd without journaling, so i can acces the drive is read/write in Linux boot cd, and add the kexts.

I can boot os x using my chameleon startup usb,

Afterwards i install windows 7 next to my os x installation, and add chameleon to its mbr with easybcd.

Than it should work.

is there no body able to help me???

I install EDP to the usb, the usb boots, installs, boot after reboot OS X DOESNT BOOT!

i cant install edp, i cant install kexts, os x doesnt boot!

WHAT TO DO? HOW DO I INSTALL THOSE KEXTS IN MY OS X INSTALLATION TO LET OS X BOOT???

IM ALREADY WAITING TOO LONG!!

• Administrators

Your last line will not encourage people to help you. No-one here is at your disposal. On the 24th, that's 2 days ago, it seemed you had chosen to go your own way, so...

I've already suggested the ModCD/ModUSB method to get you started. Did you try it?

You said you already have:
1) a DMG image of retail Snow Leopard
2) an existing Hackintosh running Tiger

Great. From that Hackintosh, run Disk Utility to restore your SL image to a USB key (must be at least 8Go).

Once that is done, download ModUSB package (http://nawcom.com/osx86/ModUSB/) and install it on that USB key. That should give you a bootable SL installation USB key. It may use the legacy kernel by default, but that will do to start with. Download the OSXL bootback for your specific D630 model and copy the contents to the /Extra folder of the USB key.

Boot off the USB key and install Snow Leopard.

At the end of installation, reboot off the USB key and select your newly created SL partition. This will get you to your newly installed Snow Leopard system, albeit an uncomplete one and no everything will work.

However, you should then be able to download/run myHack and start afresh the entire EDP-based procedure and install SL on that D630, running Vanilla kernel.

• Administrators

is there no body able to help me???

I install EDP to the usb, the usb boots, installs, boot after reboot OS X DOESNT BOOT!

i cant install edp, i cant install kexts, os x doesnt boot!

WHAT TO DO? HOW DO I INSTALL THOSE KEXTS IN MY OS X INSTALLATION TO LET OS X BOOT???

IM ALREADY WAITING TOO LONG!!

Dude!!.. wtf.. how hard it is ?

1. Install OSX using the guides

2. Boot via your usb pen

3. Download this: http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/download/

4. Follow the instructions

Done.

If you spend more time on reading the guides that is less than 10cm away from your mouse cursor and spend less time complaining about people who do this out of kindness then maybe you would have been done by now - and if that isent good enough for you - then go buy a mac for f*** sake.