How do you install Snow Leopard using iBoot

jacatone

• Administrators

This is not the place for iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), that has its own dedicated space...

If you follow the detailed instructions provided on the EDP pages, you should find no issues at all. The overall process is the same for all versions of OS X and all systems supported here: creation of myHack OS-version-specific USB boot key with installation of model-specific bootpack, then installation of the OS, followed by installation of EDP (EDP package + kexts installation).

If that makes no sense to you, I'm not sure your suggested method would make more sense.

I defy anyone to understand these instructins. First off, what does EDP stand for? Don't see that acronym explained anywhere. It starts off saying:

What you need:

Computer running at least Mac OS X Leopard....

If I have a computer running Leopard why do I need a Snow Leopard install disk? Format a USB, drag it here, add this. These directions are non sensical gibberish.

• Administrators

Hmm, I would not indulge in such bold and silly statements about defying people as far as understanding installation instructions is concerned. I'm truly sorry Dear but, looking at the rather large number of successful installations reported here, I'd say you've lost that contest by quite a distance old chap... I, for one, understood them quite easily, and you know what?... I'm foreign!

I'm sure all those who spent time and effort developing this site will fully appreciate your pleasant and useful comments. Had you even clicked on the EDP menu at the very top of your screen or on the link provided by Bronxteck when he replied to you in August, you would have found a top line item labelled "What is EDP?" that would have enlighten you on the meaning of this very precious TLA.

'hope my own gibberish, some will say charabia, is not too ludicrous to your sweet ear.

Hugs & kisses (aka gros poutous).

Funny. I just have a Dell D620 running Win7 and want to know how to install OSX on it. I guess I'm not going to find out here.

Without understanding how the process works, what the different terminology is, the reason you need a working Mac, hackintosh or virtual machine (I hope this isn't too technical), short of someone coming to your house and installing it for you, you won't be able to do so. This is a process which requires some effort on your part. I have participated in many different websites and forums involving this procedure and they are all similar in that you have to be a willing participant (and willing to educate yourself). If you really want to run OSx on your D620, you may have to read through the forums where many people have come for assistance and been helped. The difference is they have been willing to learn and have researched what they are doing, using google and reading the forum, getting a better understanding of what is involved and why. It would also appear that if you were really interested, you would have found a website that explained the process to your liking at some point between August and now. Ironically, you ask if someone knows how to do an install using iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) instead, indicating it seems more straightforward (to you). Apparently, not straightforward enough for you to comprehend, or is it a lack of effort to find the website that promotes that method? You can find out here (or a dozen other places), but it will require some effort on your part.

Actually, I've been trying to install OSX on a PC for months with little success. Was able to get 10.6.2 installed but with the wrong resolution and really slow. Several forums suggested installing kexts but they just made the system unbootable.

Don't really understand this install method that requires having a machine with OSX already installed. If I had that, I wouldn't need a Hackintosh. There seem to be several ways to do this. They just haven't worked for me.

Actually, I've been trying to install OSX on a PC for months with little success. Was able to get 10.6.2 installed but with the wrong resolution and really slow. Several forums suggested installing kexts but they just made the system unbootable.

Don't really understand this install method that requires having a machine with OSX already installed. If I had that, I wouldn't need a Hackintosh. There seem to be several ways to do this. They just haven't worked for me.

The reason they haven't worked for you is honestly, you don't have the basic knowledge needed to create a hackintosh. There are a few methods out there that don't require use of a machine that runs OSx, but the result is what you have gotten, they often don't work (and not just for you). The information on this website is designed for use on the models listed in the bootpacks. Once you have properly created your installer, it is the easiest way to create a proper and sound installation. Distros (such as Hazard), often leave you with an unfinished product (which doesn't work properly). They often have more kexts then you need, which often creates conflicts in your operating system because they are written for many makes and models. Yes, you will need a Mac (borrowed, used from school or a library), to create your own. Take a deep breath, start with E.D.P., it lays out the items you will need, and explains how to use them (there are clickable links in the instructions - for example MyHack, telling you how to set it up), how to add a bootpack (which are found under the bootpack tab and are designed for your specific model - just make sure you pick the right one - I believe you said yours was the GMA model). Then go through the installation procedure. After you install, follow the instructions for downloading E.D.P. (by the way, it stands for Extra Driver Package). These are the kexts that are pretty much automatically added to your installation that will make your install function properly, without wondering which kexts to install (which avoids making the system unbootable). The other thing you need is patience. You will probably make mistakes. You may have to reinstall multiple times. If you want it as badly as you seem to, it will be worth it in the end. The finished product from here will stand up to any hackintosh out there and will be easier to upgrade. Read everything three times before you do it, and again, remember, you will make mistakes, you are not alone, read the forums, most everyone does, especially when starting out.

i understand you and the point why is it a must to have mac to create an install media usbpen, to later install your own mac, i have successively installed ab D630 with iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) but with Chamelon 2.1

• Administrators

well then use that to make an installer if it's still working. chameleon is not an os.. neither is iboot (chameleon, stolen and rebranded). they are boot loaders. and im am also pretty sure your looking for a better method if not your search would have ended at tony's site and you would be content. truthfully it is a cach22. to use our method you need osx 10.6 or higher. simple as that. you are free to choose your own install method but please do not come here with some demeanor that we owe you anything we do not do this for profit cause if we did we would be broke ass fucks.. running this site come out of our own generosity total donations maybe paid for 1 months fees for the site, server, domain and backened, we have been running it for 2 and a half years for all to enjoy. here we freely help each other on our own free will and time, no time clock to punch in. we share info and suggestions and with that it either works or it does not. also we are not running macs.. we are running an unsupported operating system on unsupported hardware. so thats what it boils down too .... hacked sh1t. it either works or not. there are versions of chameleon that have windows installers and there are iso's available of chameleon. uses google and you can find them.