Dell Vostro 1500

MacsRTheBomb

Thank again, and to agree with you, I am ALL ALL ALL about trying to get a complete system working to add to EDP. I am about 95% working on the Optiplex 760, the only 2 things not working is sleep and also the speech issue. I can dictate (ML), do Facetime, etc. but using the speech to control the system (the little round esc button), I bring it up, hit the esc key to speek, but nothing registers. I would expect to see something "light up" on the disc icon, but nothing. I've tried "Empty trash" for example, but nothing.

Now, back to the Vostro 1500. I have issues with the card reader...AppleSDHC (I think) works, but cannot format the card or read it. I do see it in disc manager, but again, cannot format a card.

The sleep enabler works perfect.

The main issue is audio. All I get is static, but I know it hears me because. like testing in Facebook, I hear "louder" static when I talk. This worked for me ONLY once, and cannot for the life of me figure out what is not working. I removed the AppleSDHC kext, but nothing changed. I need help trying to get voice working. Playing iTunes songs works perfect...speakers are perfect.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank again, and to agree with you, I am ALL ALL ALL about trying to get a complete system working to add to EDP. I am about 95% working on the Optiplex 760, the only 2 things not working is sleep and also the speech issue. I can dictate (ML), do Facetime, etc. but using the speech to control the system (the little round esc button), I bring it up, hit the esc key to speek, but nothing registers. I would expect to see something "light up" on the disc icon, but nothing. I've tried "Empty trash" for example, but nothing.

Now, back to the Vostro 1500. I have issues with the card reader...AppleSDHC (I think) works, but cannot format the card or read it. I do see it in disc manager, but again, cannot format a card.

The sleep enabler works perfect.

The main issue is audio. All I get is static, but I know it hears me because. like testing in Facebook, I hear "louder" static when I talk. This worked for me ONLY once, and cannot for the life of me figure out what is not working. I removed the AppleSDHC kext, but nothing changed. I need help trying to get voice working. Playing iTunes songs works perfect...speakers are perfect.

I have ML 10.8.2 running on my vostro 1500.

I have the nvidia 8400

It requires a few dsdt changes, AppleACPIPlatform.kext (v1.3.5), AppleBCM440, a few others as well.

The only thing not working for me is audio.. all i get is stuttering on output.. sometimes it'll play a single sound fine, but multiply sounds in a row just stutter..

• Administrators

Alan, for voice recognition/voice commands, I forgot to say that you also need to activate "Pronounceable Items" in the Accessibility Pref Pane. It's not straight forward, but that's how I did it in Lion.