E6400 Sleep Image

scottwhitty

Hi Everyone!

I've prided myself on being able to READ what others have posted and answer my questions through these fantastic forums. However, I'm stumped.

I've got my E6400 w/Nvidia 256 and a SSD working fantastically with 10.7.2. With exception to the SD Card Reader, Finger Print Reader and Sleep function everything else works great!

Forgetting the Finger Print Reader I'd love to have the Sleep function and SD Card Reader working.

Just ask me what I need to post here for you to analyze and I'll post it right away!

I have tried the EDP and several different dsdt.aml files installed through multifail, but not success.

Thanks for any help people!!!

Scott

• Administrators

well since you are using an ssd you should change your hibernatemode to save the life of you ssd. in terminal the command is sudo pmset hibernatemode 0... the default is 3 but what mode 3 does is dump all your ram to the ssd on every hibernate or shutdown so if you have 8 gigs of ram lets say. it will dump that 8 gig to the ssd every time therefore reducing the lifetime writes your ssd has and shortening it's lifespan. and it might also help with sleep.

Hi Everyone!

I've prided myself on being able to READ what others have posted and answer my questions through these fantastic forums. However, I'm stumped.

I've got my E6400 w/Nvidia 256 and a SSD working fantastically with 10.7.2. With exception to the SD Card Reader, Finger Print Reader and Sleep function everything else works great!

Forgetting the Finger Print Reader I'd love to have the Sleep function and SD Card Reader working.

Just ask me what I need to post here for you to analyze and I'll post it right away!

I have tried the EDP and several different dsdt.aml files installed through multifail, but not success.

Thanks for any help people!!!

Scott

Is your SD card reader RICOH R5C822.

In that case CallDigit kexts work will and without any kernal panic. You just need to insert the venid and devid into the info.plist for even better compatability.

Regards