Help for E6430, osx installed but what drivers?

asinelloubriaco

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there,

what specs is your E6430? I got one with an i7 and nVidia NVS5200

The ML unifail install was possible with nVidia Optimus enabled and booted in safe mode (-x), after install enable Optimus again as it was disabled by the install...

After installation booted from USB and again using the safe mode. Then ran multifail and choosee these drivers:

1) User DSDT or DSDT free installation

2) Drivers - Disk - IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector and TRIM Enabler as I got an SSD

3) Drivers - Misc - FakeSMC & NullCPUPowermanagement (to avoid KP)

4) Drivers - Network - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e

5) Drivers - System - AppleACPIPlatform rollback

For keyboard and touchpad used kexts from E6420 pack from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/268275-dell-latitude-e6420/ (those in MB didnt work well for me)

install latest nvidia driver from nvidia.com

For audio use VoodooHDA 2.7.4, works pretty fine.

Latest VoodooBattery for ML from osx86.net works fine.

restart and boot from HDD, now system should boot normally

I have also patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement according to this guide http://myhack.sojugarden.com/2012/08/my-new-hackintosh/ and removed NullCPUPowerManagement. Now I dont have KPs related to CPU power management but after VoodooHDA installation I got occasional KPs with random reason but have found it might be related to conflict between nvidia and audio.. didnt find any solution so far but once the system is up its stable so not big problem for me.

The only thing not working is power off, sleep of course and sometimes reboot doesnt work properly. I think a DSDT could fix this but unfotunately I have no experience with DSDT patching...

Hope this helps

I own a Dell E6430 and have been unable to find anything that would point me in the right direction to get the hardware working in it. The E6430 comes with Intel ® WiMAX Link 6250 wireless card which is currently unsupported the Mac/Hackintosh project. This model also has the Intel Graphics HD 4000 which many people have been able to get working fully, but I haven't been able to get it working. I've tried the myHack (base install), multifail/EasyBeast, multifail User DSDT/No DSDT option, and also the myHack General option. I tried downloading chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) 1.11.1 which supports the HD 4000 and still had no luck. I've been at it for days now...reinstalled Ubuntu (unfortunately) until someone who knows what they are doing gets there hand on one of these. If anyone out there has any pointers it would be helpful.

• Administrators

hd4000 is very finicky you have to match your bios video ram to a known apple hd4000. plus it needs some dsdt edits. have you tried the latest release of chameleon? http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/downloads/ you can replace your boot file with this newer version and try with the boot option of GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the boot prompt. i would add -v to that so you can follow the verbose output.

hd4000 is very finicky you have to match your bios video ram to a known apple hd4000. plus it needs some dsdt edits. have you tried the latest release of chameleon? http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleon/downloads/ you can replace your boot file with this newer version and try with the boot option of GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the boot prompt. i would add -v to that so you can follow the verbose output.

Ok I downloaded Chameleon 2.1 from that link and extracted it. How do I replace the boot file with it? Once I figure that out I'll post the verbose info with Graphics Enabler=Yes.

• Administrators

it should be in the root of the os partition. /boot in the package it would be in the i386 folder also as boot. if you do not see it in root then it is hidden and you would need to show hidden files in terminal do defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE then a killall Finder that should show hidden files to revert it replace TRUE with FALSE and run the commands again.

it should be in the root of the os partition. /boot in the package it would be in the i386 folder also as boot. if you do not see it in root then it is hidden and you would need to show hidden files in terminal do defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE then a killall Finder that should show hidden files to revert it replace TRUE with FALSE and run the commands again.

I see the hidden files but there is nothing in the OS partition named "boot". I searched the Chameleon package and found a file named boot in the i386 folder, but don't know where you want me to put it. I re-installed OSX and booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it boots fine but still no support for the HD 4000.

I see the hidden files but there is nothing in the OS partition named "boot". I searched the Chameleon package and found a file named boot in the i386 folder, but don't know where you want me to put it. I re-installed OSX and booted with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it boots fine but still no support for the HD 4000.

Open a Finder window. In the left window pane, at the bottom (Under "Devices"), you will see your hard drive. Click it. In the right window pane, you will see "boot". It looks like a shell script command. Replace that file with the one you get from the Chameleon package.

Your finder window will look like this, when you do this properly:

post-856-072611700 1354490242_thumb.png

Notice the "boot" file is selected?

(This is the one you want to replace with the one from the Chameleon package.)

Open a Finder window. In the left window pane, at the bottom (Under "Devices"), you will see your hard drive. Click it. In the right window pane, you will see "boot". It looks like a shell script command. Replace that file with the one you downloaded.

Your finder window will look like this, when you do this properly:

post-856-072611700 1354490242_thumb.png

Notice the "boot" file is selected?

My OS partition doesn't show up under devices. I have to go into the Disk Utility and click "Open OSX" (OSX is my OS partition name). When I do that I get the following screen:

post-7565-003149000 1354490728_thumb.png

Then Chameleon isn't installed on that partition.

How many partitions are on the hard drive? It looks as though you have a MyHack USB installer drive, and also put a MyHack partition on the disk. (Disk Utility will show you this.)

If you put a MyHack OS X installer partition on the hard drive (Like I did.), then you have to be in the "MyHack" partition to be able to see the "boot" file. Unless, of course, you install Chameleon to the "OS X" partition (Again, like I did.). (Be sure to wipe the "boot" file from the "MyHack" partition before you do this, and also make sure you replace it before you attempt to boot from it again!)