Dell Inspiron 620

JawhnL5

Hello,

Recently I have started to research installing Mountain Lion on a Dell Inspiron 620 desktop. Currently, this machine is running OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2.

Specs of mine are:

3.0 GHz Intel Core i5-2320 Sandy Bridge Processor
8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 620
Conexant HD Audio

Only issues at this current point in time is:

1. Sleep does not work. Neither native nor with SleepEnabler kext.
2. With VoodooHDA, there are some cracking sounds from the speakers at times. Barely, but it is quite annoying when it occurs.

That is pretty much it. As far as graphics goes, you will need to replace the card with a supported one or use integrated by removing your card. If your Inspiron 620 came with a WiFi card (Particularly the Dell Wireless 1502), it is not supported under OS X. Ethernet works though, so does all the USB ports and audio ports. Media card reader does work as well.

So pretty much everything works, but I have only tested on Mountain Lion and not Lion.

For bootpack, I used the standard myHack generic bootpack.

This machine should be in EDP very soon, and when it is, I will make a note in this topic.

One last note, because the BIOS of this machine is pretty locked down, it will need to be flashed to a modified BIOS to be able to access the SATA configurations so SATA mode can be changed to AHCI mode from IDE mode. I have attached the BIOS with flashing directions

*NOTE* I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR MACHINES FROM FLASHING. IT WILL WORK IF YOU FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND DO NOT POWER OFF MACHINE

Take care,
John

DellInspiron620A04UnlockedBIOS.zip

• Like 1