The Perfect Mini PCIe WiFi and Bluetooth Combo card for Notebooks

Leon

• Administrators
[...] you will notice that bluetooth is a pain in the *beeep* .. i am still working on stabilizing it, works perfect on other machines but on ours it have some bugs [...]

In other words, it's work in progress.

Hi Leon,

Here I have also changed my bcm4313 to ar5b195. I am happy with this card :D .

I have a quick question, my BT device info - USB\VID_03F0&PID_311D&REV_0001

So is that correct?, if I edit the plist.info like this -

<key>idProduct<key>

<integer>12573<integer>

<key>idVendor<key>

<integer>1008<integer>

Thank you

Palash

I am a noob, but I looked at the file and there are alot of places I could change this info.  Am I suppose to add these lines new?  If so, anywhere special?

I also tried the guy belows ASUS laptop fix and maciASL has the DSDT.aml locked, so I cannot do his suggestions...

Wifi is working great, but I can't get bluetooth to work...hoping the manually editing the file will fix it...

Thanks!

Hi guys,

have to say thanks for all the above comments which helped me a lot to get bt working. wifi is fine. Unfortunately bt (now with rehab man´s kext) is still scaring the crap out of me. Trackpad pairing works but the cursor is jumpy/laggy not really responsive. Gestures work with a lot of patience. But this behavior is not acceptable because it renders bt practically useless. Any suggestions? A helping hand would be much appreciated.

TIA!!!

• Administrators

We are looking into a few card wich have bt 4.0 support versus this card that only have 3.0 .. also.. it seems some people (like myself have permanent issues with wifi on this card) .. most likely related to HPET or some other IRQ issue

I don´t really know whether this is supposed to be a reply to my last post. But I don´t understand the message anyway.
What would really be appreciated is a helping hand to guide me through the setup process of the dw 1702. wifi is working. bluetooth causes a jumpy trackpad/magic mouse cursor. The OOTB argument has been a mystery to me ever since. Gestures turn off bt functionality entirely. Boot flag option -x solves the jumpiness issue but gestures still turn it off. Without the -x option the jumpiness is back but gestures work with a lot of patience. Repairing disk permissions etc. and proper rebooting has always been carried out. Now it seems that even different kext configurations (let alone my very first which must have been crap) with varying id integers or vendor ids don´t seem to be the problem. The result has always remained unchanged. Any suggestions? Anyone? Please???

• Administrators

-x is safe boot so not all kexts load... you need to look into what kext is interfering and causing the issue. if you have duplicate kexts in e/e and s/l/e then that would be a good start to troubleshoot your issues. you might have to remove the s/l/e version back it up just in case you need to put it back then run a myfix to rebuild your cache.

Hi Bronxteck,

thank you for the first concrete hints! There are no duplicate kexts in the extensions folders (in my first attempt I confused the two folders but source has been eradicated). could you explain, plz, what the difference between myfix and the repairing via kext wizard and how I could possibly figure out, which kexts cause the trouble? I have been using "approved" kexts (according to the various authors) and everybody but me seems to be able to claim the throne for the dw 1702. I´m at a loss... another helping hand, please?

• Administrators

Well there are Differences in the methods.... myhack uses E/E. it transfers the kext into SLE after a bit of version bumping into a self contained kext plus then it rebuilds your caches. kext installer apps just dump the kext as is into SLE. and rebuild caches. so i would either stick to myhack or th the other installer app. not use both.