Want to try a D620 this week.

scott0482

Okay 2 things: 1 Do NOT unzip from a PC running windows ( period) .. it's a mac osx file in journarled filesystem. Windows doesn't know what the hell to make of it! That's why yer seeing _MACOSX dir. Unzip mac specific files on a mac. 2 I checked this edp release -- very old the command you would use is in fact rebuild_mkext.command. If you would like to use a newer release which I recommend then procceed to item 3 :)3 Extra.zip edp 1.5 rc6 ( please keep in mind this is beta) and yes the command issued will be edptool.command.

This is what I was looking for.. Thanks

Will try that tonight.

I let me know if you have any ideas on my wireless not working after 10.6.6

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did the 1.4 since i already had it and my wifi wasn't working..

ran rebuild_mkext.command and it worked.

now i can scroll on my touchpad, wireless came back too.

but i had to re-disable hibernation because hibernation doesn't work. i see there are possible fixes for that.. i may try them..

for now I am good.,. i put my graphics up to 400mhz but i think it was making the laptop run hotter, so i put it back to 250..

everything works now except 1 thing..

my screen brightness is not at 100% after restarting.

I saw something on how to fix this once, and can't find it again.

its annoying because i have a d620 which is known for having a dim screen, and this makes it more dim..

in system preferences, when i restart the computer. the brightness goes down about 10%..

Just press the pause button on your KB. After a few presses it'll take you brightness to 100%. After that just use fn+UP/DOWN to change.

Just press the pause button on your KB. After a few presses it'll take you brightness to 100%. After that just use fn+UP/DOWN to change.

And than, if you are still not happy with the brightness of your display at 100% (like I wasn't with mine), go back to BIOS and find out if there is an item "surrounding light sensor" within the display setup. If so, and if it's turned on, just turn it off. That's what I did in my D430 BIOS. Since than I am running my display at 70-80%. Otherwise it's too bright. :)

i am coming back full circle again..

i installed updates on my hackintosh again without even thinking.. and now i am on 10.4.8 or something.

guess what?

my wireless quit working again.

i downloaded the 2 newest extra.zip builds.. 1.8 and 1.9 i think. put them on 2 different usb drives, and i can't get either one to show up when i plug them into the computer. i re-ran the 1.4 that is already on there, and it did not bring my wireless back. i enable the wireless, and it just gives up after a few minutes and goes away.

why would my usb sticks not work anymore? i guess i have to burn a cd with those extra.zip files on it and hope it works..

You have to re-install the combo update. That was happened to me too: I've installed the 10.6.8 update from software update, and it was broke my wireless.

Then if you done, your wireless is working again. It's recommended to install EDP 1.9 too, because it was made for SL 10.6.8