OSX on Acer Aspire 5930 possible? - Intel CPU, nVidia Graphics

IMC042

Ha, yeah, you should use a kext like ANV-Slice under ML to avoid Keyboard/Trackpad issues.

PS: "Curk Cidy"... Not a Norrie, eh? wink.gif

Ha, no I'm from the west! :)

I gave up on the 5930G because it was too much trouble to be messing with it. I'm going to wait for someone else to do all the hard work and try again later! But now I've gone and put ML on my D630 and I'm going to dual boot with Win 7.

I used the EDP (really cool software, makes it so easy) and everything is running well, except for a couple of issues.

1. I have no bluetooth.

2. It says that my graphics card is the 8400M GS 128MB but I think it's a Quadro.

Is there a fix for these? Also, I'm using the USB as a bootloader but I'd like to install chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) instead of Chameleon because I prefer the look of it. Will that cause any issue?

And finally, when I go and install Windows 7 I'm worried that it will screw with the GUID setting and change it to MBR. What's the story there? :)

• Administrators

Ha, the West. I studied a year in Bishopstown area, that's sufficient to pinpoint where...

Good that you met success on that D630. To answer your points:

1) BT will only work if the adapter's radio was enabled within Windows, BT blue LED being lit permanently. Otherwise, the adapter's ROM/radio is disabled and you cannot activate it from Mac OS, not even from the laptop's BIOS.

2) Correct, the D630 nVidia is fitted with a Quadro NVS 135m (or 140m). When you ran EDP, the DSDT file was replaced and the new one refers to the 8400M as opposed to the NVS 135m, but I believe that is just cosmetic. What you can do is replace your current DSDT file by the file from the bootpack and your Hackintosh will report the right model. That's what I did on my D630 and look:

D630-nVidia.png

I don't know about chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), but you can change the look of Chameleon too. If you install Chameleon Wizard, you'll see the various themes available:

Cham_themes.png

No problem installing Win7 for dual boot on a GUID partitioned HDD. My disk is setup just that way. Win7 will install on a 2nd partition, reformatting it NTFS. Win7 will overwrite the Chameleon bootloader so you won't see it any more and you'll no longer be able to boot OS X directly. To fix this, simply reboot off your USB installer (since it has Chameleon bootloader), press [ENTER] at the delay bar and select your hard drive OS X installation. Once booted in OS X, just re-install Chameleon on your HDD. That's it. At subsequent reboot, Chameleon will autoboot OS X, unless it's interrupted to boot Win7.

• Like 1