Help, M4300 in Trouble with ML 10.8 EDP

mibdom

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you haven't got a legit' copy of Mountain Lion, who knows what you got? Read this, it says it all!

http://forum.osxlati..._300#entry14063

Buy it, it's only 18€...

Nothing wrong with your 2.2GHz T7500. That'll run ML all right. Keyboard problem at Lion installation is known issue, boot with USBBusFix=No to avoid that.

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

I got it!

Montain lion on my laptop!

It's it just created the problem Of downloaded package!

After I buy it in app store, and download an orig. copy.

I dodge whole process again.

It's works like anMagic .

It's fantastic!!!

Thank you very much for your advices and helpful Infos

Long life my hero!

: )

Late I will do some test, and I believe the problem is the kernel. And osinstall.

I would try to change the kernel with other kernel.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

I am also having problem with M4300 and 10.8. Tried 10.7 as well and no better.

With the verbose option on it just sits at the following

[ PCI Configuration begin ]

Has anyone else managed to install on M4300 without any problems.

Thanks

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!

I got it!

Montain lion on my laptop!

It's it just created the problem Of downloaded package!

After I buy it in app store, and download an orig. copy.

I dodge whole process again.

It's works like anMagic .

It's fantastic!!!

Thank you very much for your advices and helpful Infos

Long life my hero!

: )

Late I will do some test, and I believe the problem is the kernel. And osinstall.

I would try to change the kernel with other kernel.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the tip tried but it still did the same thing. I have installed it fine on a D630 so the InstallESD should be fine. Are there any other settings in the BIOS I should check to make sure that it is ok. Also can anyone confirm which wireless card should work with the M4300

• Administrators

Did you try boot option: PciRoot=1 ?

All usual Broadcom-based wireless cards will work: DW1390, DW1395, DW1490 to name some '11g' cards.

You used the M4300 bootpack, right? If that didn't work to boot the M4300, note that it is quite similar hardware to D630 or D830, so you may reach some success with one of those bootpacks. Use the nVidia versions.

Well just used my D630 USB Stick and it has installed and is working without having to use USBfix so not sure what is going on. It will only start with the USB stick in. When I try to change startup disk I get the error "Building boot caches on boot helper partition failed"

Thanks for all the help, beginning to think I should have just bought another D630 as that installed so easily.

I have successfully installed it just using the D630 USB that I already had. It seems to be working with the exception of the touchpad which is giving a very inconsistent response. The LCD is a high res 1920 X 1200 but this is also working fine. I am waiting to replace the Intel wi-Fi with Broadcom which I had to do on the D630 already. When I ran EDP I also chose the D630. Can't understand why the M4300 wouldn't install.

This time it starts without the USB plugged in, still get the startup disk error but it seems to work.