Stuck at PCI Configuration

beeson76

Thanks for the replies Herve. By the way, the zip files is corrupted because I am getting an error from it when trying to open it:)

My copy of Mountain Lion is 100% Genuine. I bought it to put on my D620, but after buying it, I found out the chances of that happening were 0%. I bought it the day it was released. So I went out and bought a D830 and this is where I am at right now.

When you say point it to the install ESD, what exact do you mean. When I make my USB install drive, myhack chooses the file for me. I also opened the Mountain Lion package, and I couldnt find the the install ESD. Wonder if that could be the problem.

Well anyway, I made another USB stick and it wouldn't install at all--even using all the different flags. I then remembered that I replaced the the appleACPIPlatform kext. I then went a step further and the replaced the IOPCIFamily kext. It installed perfectly with no hitches at all. I then went to boot up, and again, stops at the PCI Configuration Begins.

Could you please tell me by way of terminal how to replace these 2 kexts mentioned above on my Hard Drive. I am not familar with the terminal at all. I know how to get to it, but the command, I have no idea. I have been reading that these are the 2 problematic kexts when it stops at PCI Configuration Begins. I have the 2 files in the root of the USB on "Files" directory.

I will post the two kexts when I get those copied over in case anybody needs those.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all the help.

• Administrators

My mistake, the zipped file is too large for the forum...

There's no need to replace those kexts to proceed with installation.

To get to your 'InstallESD.dmg' image, you need to right click on your ML installer package and select 'Display package contents'. Then open 'Contents' folder and move to 'Shared Support'. That's were you'll find the correct image to use. Copy that image to your desktop for example and, when myHack 10.8 installer asks for the location of the installation source, point to the 'InstallESD' image on the Desktop so that it can be mounted.

if you can get those 2 kexts into Extra then in terminal you should able to do a myfix -t / that should rebuild myHack.kext.

How do I get those kext into Extra. All I have been able to do is cut and paste on my D620 to the USB install.

Thanks for your reply and for your help.

• Administrators

ok then put them on the usb extra then run myfix boot from the usb myhack installer go to the utilities menu run myhack from there select to transfer your usb extra tell it from existing instead of generic and point it at the usb Extra folder once it finishes reboot from the hdd. hopefully that will work for you

Thanks Bronxteck for your help.

The 2 kexts I mentioned a few replies ago I found, I replaced in the system\extensions folder. I know there is a extensions folder in the Extra, but they wont be replacing anything. Should I put them in the extensions in the Extra even though they wont copy over a file of the same name.

Thanks