[Closed] DSDT/SSDT Patch request

EMlyDinEsH

Hello everyone,

As we know that for Hackintosh, most of the systems needs a patched DSDT in order to get everything working and stable in OSX, and SSDT files are needed for the native cpu power management and Speedsteps to work in Intel processors.  

We know that most of you can't patch DSDT/SSDT yourself (or) don't have skills/time to search the web for posts/info related to DSDT/SSDT. So, this thread is meant for the users to request DSDT/SSDT patch. This thread explains how to get the system dump needed for DSDT/SSDT patching from either Windows (or) Linux to request patch and using those patched files.

We'll try to do our best in patching the DSDT and SSDT that are relevant to the system we get by doing our research, but remember for some systems the patched files may not solve everything  because it might need something else too along with DSDT/SSDT patching.

Notice:
NO LONGER WE ARE PROVIDING THIS SERVICE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, AND WE WILL SURELY BRING BACK IT IN FUTURE. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT.

STEPS TO GET THE DUMPS FROM WINDOWS:

NOTE: Newer versions of AIDA64 does not have ACPI tool so use the v3.20 or lower, if that does not work then use RWEverything app instead.

How to dump DSDT and SSDT files from Windows using AIDA64:

1. Download and install the App AIDA64 v2 (new versions don't has the ACPI tool feature) from the link: http://www.aida64.com/archives

2. Open the Application and right click on the down left corner of the application as shown in the picture below to open the Menu
3. Select the option "ACPI Tool" from the Menu
4. Click on the button "Save Table" and choose "DSDT" from the list to save
5. Similarly, again click on the button "Save Table" and choose "SSDT" to save all the SSDT files one by one (there will upto 4 or more of these SSDT files)

Screenshot from AIDA64 app showing DSDT/SSDT dump files location:

8659357987_f3a57c3735.jpg

How to dump System Devices info from Windows using AIDA64:

1. Open the AIDA64 Application and right click on the down left corner of the app to open menu
2. From the menu, choose "System debug" then Select "PCI Dump" which will open a window with the dump details

3. Click on "Save to File" Button for saving the dump
4. Again, From the menu choose the option "System debug" then Select the option "Devices Dump" and save this dump as well
5. Finally, Save a Report as shown in the picture#2 below

Screenshot from AIDA64 app showing devices info dump files location:

8659358203_821b672431.jpg

8660459056_b8488d769a.jpg

ALTERNATE METHOD:

How to dump DSDT and SSDT files from Windows using RWEverything:

1. Download and install the App RWEverything from the link: http://rweverything.com/download/

2. Open the Application and click on the button "APCI".
3. Save DSDT and all the SSDT files you found there.

STEPS TO GET THE DUMPS FROM LINUX:
How to extract DSDT and SSDT files from Linux using acpi commands:
1. First you need to install the following two programs to get the dump.
acpidump:

Enter the below command in terminal to install:

sudo apt-get install acpidump

(or)
Download and install it from here:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/acpidump

iasl:

Enter the below command in terminal to install:

sudo apt-get install iasl

2. Open Terminal and enter the following commands one by one to get the DSDT and SSDT dump files

sudo acpidump > acpidump.out
sudo acpixtract -a acpidump.out
sudo iasl -d DSDT.dat

How to dump System Devices info from Linux using lspci command:
1. Open Terminal and enter the following command to get the devices info dump

lspci -nn

2. Save the output of the above command in a text file

SEND US THE DUMP FILES BY FOLLOWING BELOW THE RULES TO THE MAIL: [email protected]

• Extracted files using the above steps either from Windows (or) Linux OS 
  • Specify your CPU model name in the mail (Ex:- Intel Core i3 2330M)
  • IOReg File saved using the attached IORegistryExplorer(v2.1) app [Only if you have OSX already installed]
  • Mention Free (or) Sponsored patching in the mail
  • Post your Notebook/Desktop Model and CPU model name in this thread
  • Try to remind us about the patch request if you did not receive the patched files because we might forget due to the huge number of free requests we get and due to our free limited time.

HOW TO USE PATCHED DSDT/SSDT FILES: (with Chameleon boot loader)

1. Copy the patched DSDT and SSDT files to Extra folder
   2. Add/Edit these flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

3. Remove the flags "GraphicsEnabler, GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates" from  org.chameleon.Boot.plist file if you have since we patch these in dsdt/ssdt
   4. Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and Install patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
  5. Use the MacBookPro8,x SMBios for Sandy/IvyBridge, MacBookAir5,x  for Ivy Bridge and  MacBookAir6,x for Haswell to get good number of CPU PStates, otherwise you will get only few states and mostly it will be only two CPU states of Min and Max. Also try to experiment with other SMBios files that have hardware close to yours and see if you can get more PStates.

HOW TO USE PATCHED DSDT/SSDT FILES: (with Clover boot loader)

1Copy the patched DSDT and SSDT files to EFI->CLOVER->ACPI->patched folder.
   2.  Enable the flag "DropOEM" from APCI section of clover config.plist and disable Generate flag.

3.  Enable the flag "AsusAICPUPM" for Ivy/Sandy bridge systems, "KernelPm" for Haswell systems from "KernelAndKextPatches" section of clover config.plist.

HOPE WE CAN BE HELPFUL FOR SOME :)

IORegistryExplorer_v2.1.zip

• Like 2

DSDT has already been modified on most, if not all, Latitude D series laptops. Has the SSDT?

For example, if I send you the IORegistry taken from 10.7.5 for my D520 and the DSDT from EDP for my model, will that be sufficient? Having native Speedstep and sleep have always been a quest of mine lol.

DSDT has already been modified on most, if not all, Latitude D series laptops. Has the SSDT?

For example, if I send you the IORegistry taken from 10.7.5 for my D520 and the DSDT from EDP for my model, will that be sufficient? Having native Speedstep and sleep have always been a quest of mine lol.

It would be better if you send me the files I asked along with your edited files.

I chose to leave out the pre-modified DSDT. If you need/want them, let me know. It only comes as DSDT.aml.

Files sent. Thanks for looking, EMlyDinEsH!

Edit:

Forgot IORegistryExplorer file! Sending another email containing that file only!

I chose to leave out the pre-modified DSDT. If you need/want them, let me know. It only comes as DSDT.aml.

Files sent. Thanks for looking, EMlyDinEsH!

Edit:

Forgot IORegistryExplorer file! Sending another email containing that file only!

I'm really sorry as I should have mentioned in the thread itself about the SSDT patching. SSDT patching to enable the Native Power management is only for the newer processors like intel Core i3, i5 and i7. So, I can only do dsdt patching which are relevant to your model but you said already got it working. There is nothing here which I can help you with. But, I can try for the power management and sleep as much as possible. So, Plz send me the files from Windows becoz files from the Linux was not perfect for me.

I can't really get you files from Windows because I do not have Windows installed and in order for me to install it I would have to completely wreck my OS X install and I just don't want to do that.

I apologise.

If there's nothing you can really patch to do this, I'll just leave it alone. OS X operates pretty decently (albeit a little hot) and most of my hardware operates with little to no modifications. I'm pretty sure DSDT has been patched for my GMA 950 so that the display doesn't stay off, but other than that I'm not sure whats been modified to make it work better with OS X. I'd have to ask the lovely OSXL crew, as I'm using their modified DSDT for EDP.

Thanks anyway, EMlyDinEsH. I'll still try to help you if I can. (It is the holiday season, after all!)