EMlyDinEsH

Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide

Sure - I've attached both codec dumps (ZIP file).

Codec: Intel Haswell HDMI -> card0_codec_dump.txt

Codec: Realtek ALC3229 -> card1_codec_dump.txt

In the meantime I tried to use all AppleALC supported layout-ids (3,4,13,22,27,28,29,76,86,127).

Layout-ID=3,4,13,29,76,86 worked but without subwoofer.

Layout-ID=27,28,127 didn’t work, no sound

Layout-ID=22 showed an additional digital output, but no sound at all.

Should I see the subwoofer in the MIDI settings - Configure Loudspeaker?

Update: I added a graphical representation of the card1_codec_dump.txt

Regards

Michael

codec_dumps.zip

codec_dump_dec.jpg

@EMlyDinEsH @InsanelyDeepak Hi guys, thank you all for this great great instruction. I just have two things that confuse me and I really expect an answer.

The first one is that in Chapter 2, the 7th step, I believe `<key>Inputs</key>` should change to `<key>Outputs</key>`

The second one is that in Chapter 2, the 3rd step, we can see the order is Mic then LineIn. However, in the sample of PathMap, LineIn is written before Mic. Is that a typo or a necessary order shift?

Thank anyone who enlighten me.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:56 AM, zhengshiqi said:

@EMlyDinEsH @InsanelyDeepak Hi guys, thank you all for this great great instruction. I just have two things that confuse me and I really expect an answer.

The first one is that in Chapter 2, the 7th step, I believe `<key>Inputs</key>` should change to `<key>Outputs</key>`

The second one is that in Chapter 2, the 3rd step, we can see the order is Mic then LineIn. However, in the sample of PathMap, LineIn is written before Mic. Is that a typo or a necessary order shift?

Thank anyone who enlighten me.

Hi 

yeah this should be output bcoz below are output devices 

<key>Inputs</key>
<array>
  <string>Headphone</string>
  <string>IntSpeaker</string>
</array>

he second one is that in Chapter 2, the 3rd step, we can see the order is Mic then LineIn. However, in the sample of PathMap, LineIn is written before Mic. Is that a typo or a necessary order shift?

it doesn't matter you can reverse order to line-in then mic or mic then line-in , same with output device speaker then headphones or headphones then speaker 

• Thanks 1

@InsanelyDeepak Thank you so much for explanation.

I am bothered by another question and hope you can give me some suggestions.

How to custom layout.xml, for example, how could we get values in <key>SignalProcessing</key>?

My audio card's max volume is so low in macOS, about 60% the max volume in win. I want to make an improvement on that.

Thank you for help!

Hi, I'm struggling with the ALC295 (aka ALC3254) of my Dell Inspiron 5370 with 13 as layout id. What does not work is the Headphones jack. In fact I noticed that if I put the headphones volume to 2 steps it works, but if I set 3 or more steps it stops working. Can you help me? Here you are my Codec Dump. Do you think it can be easily fixed? I used "hda-verb 0x19 0x707 0x20" to temporary fix this but this isn't a real fix. Thanks 

p.s.

if possible provide me the PlatformID.xml for AppleALC, so I can recompile it and check if it works. 

CodecDump.zip

Hi @EMlyDinEsH

Good Day I just want to ask for your assistance if you have some spare time:

1 hour ago, gelomon said:

@InsanelyDeepak Hi mate,

I have tried following the complete guide to create my own Layout ID / Platform ID & Config Data for AppleALC Implementation.

So far Internal Mic & Speaker works, Headphone works too but Line-In mic does not work. When I plug in an earphone with mic on the port it only detects the headphone as speaker but the internal mic is the only option no line-in mic. If you can look into my files it would be great. Thank you in advance!

Dell Inspiron 5558

ALC255

codecDump-PatchingProcess-Layout-Platform.zip 13.04 kB · 1 download