ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Thanks for your work. Please add this model "Dell Inspiron 14z 5423".

OS X version: 10.8.2

This is the output:

Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG © 2012
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan :Unexpected magic knock result 0x00, 0x02, 0x64.
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 2122816
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Unknown hardware version, aborting...

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

Thanks for your work. Please add this model "Dell Inspiron 14z 5423".

OS X version: 10.8.2

This is the output:

Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v1.8.2 beta by EMlyDinEsHMG © 2012
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan :Unexpected magic knock result 0x00, 0x02, 0x64.
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 2122816
Feb 19 15:54:55 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Unknown hardware version, aborting...

You seems to be having different touchpad, so confirm which one you have from Windows

Hello, 

I installed the kext and the touchpad works well, the two-finger scrolling alos, but when I want move a window by pressing the left physic touchpad button then move using the touchpad, it does not work.

I can't clic with my phisics buttons if i have a finger on the touchpad.

How to solve this problem ? 

Thanks for this good work !

Hello, 

I installed the kext and the touchpad works well, the two-finger scrolling alos, but when I want move a window by pressing the left physic touchpad button then move using the touchpad, it does not work.

I can't clic with my phisics buttons if i have a finger on the touchpad.

How to solve this problem ? 

Thanks for this good work !

I'm gonna release an updated version in two days so wait for that becoz i've fixed many bugs in it.

there is another way? i don't have windows installed, maybe linux?

Well, I think mostly you will have either Synaptics or ALPS. So, first try the VooodooPS2Controller which has the support for both of them in enabling multi touch to some extent. Let me know after testing with VoodooPS2xx then I can help you