ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I just registered to say that your work is extremely appreciated. I'm currently using it on my Asus ZenBook UX32VD (V4 touchpad) and it is just mind-blowing how much you've accomplished with this driver so far. Really amazing work. Personally I disabled a lot of the swiping gestures because I kept triggering a lot of wrong gestures since there are so many, but the amount of choice we're given here is really astounding. 

I'll post some suggestions as well according to my experience so far:

• I couldn't find any way to disable the "four finger hold to minimize application" feature in the Info.plist or anywhere else. Implementing an option to disable it would be great!
  • I couldn't find a way to swap three finger and four finger swipe to "change between spaces" (applications). By default it is the four finger swipe left and right, but I personally like it to be three finger instead. I could do it if I sacrificed the Dashboard as a space and made it into option 3 instead, but not without disabling dashboard as a space, could it be possible to swap these without disabling the dashboard space?
  • When I use four fingers swipe up while having "Four finger swipe UpDown" set as false, it starts Finder's search function in a window. Maybe a bug?

One feature I'd really love that I had on my previous laptop (HP ProBook 4530s) using RehabMan's Synaptics driver was "momentum scrolling". Basically the sort of really smooth scrolling that the normal Mac trackpads has. Since the RehabMan's Synaptics driver has this and is open-source, maybe it can give you some ideas how to do it on the Elan touchpads? (Even though they are completely different hardware components made by completely different companies). 

Other than that it is really one amazing piece of software you've managed to create here. It can sometimes be a little bit tricky to pull of gestures, but it really redefined my OS X experience on my new laptop and I would love to see further updates and optimisations done to this driver. You've done a really great job so far, keep it up!

I'll donate 20$ to you straight away as a thanks for creating this and I'm hoping to see more great development on it! 

I'll consider your suggestions & will try to implement as much as possible becoz I don't have v4 hardware with me to test and code so its little difficult doing remote testing with testers who have v4 hardware but don't worry I'll do my best and thanks for your support with donation.

hi sorry for the noob question...but how do i check whats elan version i am on?my laptop is asus A55vd

thanks

If you install my kext according to my thread and you'll see the version number during boot in log. Use the kernel flag -v to boot in text mode so you can see the log to find out version number.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

Greate job EMlyDinEsH!!!

I'm new on this forum.

I tried to install all versions of ElanTouch kexts but it does not work with multitouch on my Asus zenbook UX32VD. I'm using kekstov Utility.

Mous work very well, but multitouch like to finger slide or 3 finger does not work for me. :((

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Hello everyone.

Greate job EMlyDinEsH!!!

I'm new on this forum.

I tried to install all versions of ElanTouch kexts but it does not work with multitouch on my Asus zenbook UX32VD. I'm using kekstov Utility.

Mous work very well, but multitouch like to finger slide or 3 finger does not work for me. :((

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Did you install according to my thread by removing old ApplePS2Controller and any other kexts used for Keyboard and Mouse before? send me your System log from Console app to help you.

Did you install according to my thread by removing old ApplePS2Controller and any other kexts used for Keyboard and Mouse before? send me your System log from Console app to help you.

Hello EMlyDinEsH, 

I tried with your recommendation in the first post of this topic. I deleted all Kexts like ApplePS2Controller , VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2 Keyboard and other ElanTouch kexts and reinstall Your kexts with Kext Utility. But nothing happens. I will reinstall the OSX 1.8.2 completely and will try with your instruction again. If it does not help, I will send you the Log-File.

Hello EMlyDinEsH, 

I tried with your recommendation in the first post of this topic. I deleted all Kexts like ApplePS2Controller , VoodooPS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub, ApplePS2 Keyboard and other ElanTouch kexts and reinstall Your kexts with Kext Utility. But nothing happens. I will reinstall the OSX 1.8.2 completely and will try with your instruction again. If it does not help, I will send you the Log-File.

Make sure you have Elan touchpad or any other touchpad in your notebook before you do since some notebooks comes with different touchpad for same model.