ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

ENlyDinEsH, can you provide a video tutorial? Seems confused here..

and how to change the gestures?

thx

Edit:

Sorry I didn't read the last section in editing

But now I can't find how to change the fn keys

I use the v2.1.3

thx

@DanN7

I guess you need to wait for next version, these new gestures don't seem to work on ver 2.1.3 

@EMlyDinEsH

Very strange... I haven't experienced any freeze these days :/ what can I say then...

OK, I still have the freeze problem(I am having it right now). it usually happens when I'm using keyboard a lot (while I'm chatting with friends for most of the times I run into this problem) so I guess I still need a log or something... at first I thought it was caused by the IM application or IME I'm using, so I used windows version in VMware with both the IM and IME on OS X closed - and I got the same freeze issue.( I'm sure not caused by prevent accident input, I still get the pointer just don't move. if it is caused by pervert accident input, I should see no pointer (a.k.a cursor) on my screen right? and I tried to enable / disable this feature in both system preference panel and driver plist, no luck)

prevent accident input works, but only for moving not for tap (no matter one finger or more) and other gestures... this is really bordering me. I had to disable edge gestures, and I tried to get four fingers gestures work but always run into triggering four fingers tapping (V4, full screen - and yes, I set for fingers tap to value 10 - which doesn't exist in 2.1 should be disabled, not working. tried -1 as well, no luck)

But now I'm using VMware Fusion running Windows ThinPC for some windows application that I really need (which doesn't work with wine) - the problem is, the touchpad works fine in OS X, not in VMware. If I use window or fullscreen mode, I can use tap for left click normally, but no luck with two fingers tap for right click - to get right click work, I need to  do: 1. tap 2. two fingers tap 3. tap again - then the context menu will show up. if I use unity mode, things just going worse - I can't even get tapping work - I need to press and hold for left click (which will be dragging in OS X ) and I can still get right click by the same way (which is unstable in unity mode, but it's a VMware problem) I've tested with my wacom CTH-670 tablet (which support multi-touch on Windows/OS X, I used it on my Hackintosh PC) and it works fine with VMware, so it's not a VMware problem.

And for application-specific-gestures: if you can make gestures support for any keyboard shortcut, it will be possible via another free application called "BetterTouchTool" (official site: http://www.boastr.de

) check it, I think it will give you more ideas about how to define gestures :)

I have some technical isssues with my internet so couldn't upload the kext 2.6(yes,updated even more) but will try to release it today/tomorrow if everything goes fine. This is very big update which has so many changes since i've reworked on everything to make it better so hoping the issues everybody reporting should be fixed in this otherwise i'll try focus again on those issues, so i request those users to PM me who have issues after the new version 2.6.

Request to everyone: I need your support now so if anybody could be able to donate then i request to do the paypal mail in the first post so this can help me and can focus more on the driver in future.

Thanks for all the support.

• Like 1

Great work on those drivers, EMlyDinEsH! So far I've tested the new Keyboard controller. Works like a charm! :D

Since it's possible to change Context key's function to work as a standard Fn key, is it also possible to change F5-F12 functions to work without pressing Fn (like in standard Mac keyboard)?

Another thing, is it possible to turn off NumLock LED indicator? I've got it always turn on, but I don't really like the LED indicator.

EDIT:

Tested the trackpad kext. It also works great!

So far I've found only two problems:

1) No matter what I do I can't use Corner Tapping to activate Hot Corner. When I tap my trackpad's corner the cursor jumps to the corner, but not far enough to enable Hot Corner (it stops a few pixels from the corner of the screen border and thus it doesn't enable Hot Corner);
2) Trackpad's one finger tapping seems to work as one finger pressing? When I f.e. tap back button in Finder or Safari it shows me the context menu how far to go back, instead of going back jest once. This works right for trackpad buttons, one tap and it goes back once, press and it shows the menu.

Maybe I'm just missing something?

ApplePS2 Keyboard with some features and fixes

• Added ISO layout option and can be enabled/disabled from plist file entry "Use ISO Layout"

I'd like to say that Latin Europeans will be pleased with this feature. I'm very happy to have contributed to this via PayPal and will continue to do so.

Thanks

Great work on those drivers, EMlyDinEsH! So far I've tested the new Keyboard controller. Works like a charm! :D

Since it's possible to change Context key's function to work as a standard Fn key, is it also possible to change F5-F12 functions to work without pressing Fn (like in standard Mac keyboard)?

Another thing, is it possible to turn off NumLock LED indicator? I've got it always turn on, but I don't really like the LED indicator.

On furhter thinking, I'd recommend adding adding Command mapping to Context key and a plist option to chose what the Context key does -> works like a standard Context key or Fn key or Command key.

For example, I'd really like use it as a Command key, as my Fn key functions properly and for Context I use trackapds's two finger pressing or right button.

great job  :D  work really good on asus série k55 !! precision is fine, Yeesssss !!

- just one thing, the 2 commands button right side, command and option are disable  :wacko: ( alt gr & list )

I try to enable iso  layout but nothing...

• Added ISO layout option and can be enabled/disabled from plist file entry "Use ISO Layout"

a idea ?

donate done  :P 

ps : what is the option to reduce the speed for the scroll two fingers ?  ok, just reduce the scrolling speed in trackpad setting mac ;)