ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hey guys,

I'm liking this kext alot.  The 2.6 version now continues to work after sleep where none of the previous versions did for me. 

Two finger scrolling works great, the tracking seems quite accurate, etc.

But the one problem that has persisted since the beginning still remains.

I am UNABLE to drag windows, icons or scroll bars.

I can select but never drag.  For instance, selecting various windows will make them pop to the top but I can't move or resize them by dragging !  I can advance scroll bars by clicking ahead of them in the well but not grab and move them directly  !  I can click into spots in paragraphs of text but not drag to highlight anything but if I click, double click, highlighting will advance that way.

It's maddening !!!

Is there a plist option to address this behavior ?

Please help.

I am on an Acer Aspire 5755-9401 running 10.8.3.

TIA.

bisk

Hi Dinesh!!!
I'm testing your last kext, but I have some problems with it.
First, my Alt GR key stopped working. Then, when I return from sleep I listen a annoying beep.
I update to IOAudioFamily_Patched_10.8_NEW kext but I continue listening the beep.
Also, I have set my info.plist to not auto scroll, but the scroll is very sensitive and when I lift my finger on the trackpad, auto scroll continues doing his job and get to the bottom of the page.

How I can fix this? Thanx in advance...

I know about this keyboard right keys and its fixed in my next coming update.

For your scroll issue, there is another scroll effect which is inertial scroll which does some auto scroll based on the force you gave on the flick for scrolling so adjust the speed of the scroll for better or disable inertialscroll effect in plist.

For IOAudioFamily plz PM me and i'll help you with this.

The kext working fine in 2.1.3 mountain lion,and my edtion is 10.8.3,before I install the kext,I remove all the old kexts and I try install the last edtion for 3 times,but it did't work,in fact,my friend has the same problem with me too,and my computer is dell 7520.

send me your system log from Console app after installing my kexts so i will check the problem.

The Ukelele now correctly identifies my keyboard as PS2, but it stills says its ANSI instead of ISO. The big difference is the

http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-110007/ps2-keyboard-as-iso

I also experienced the absolutely no keyboard experience, but i believe it comes from some kind of configurations combination on the .plist. For me what happened was when i changed from disable "Right App key" from yes to NO (). All i did to solve was reinstall the kext changing the "Use ISO layout"from YES to NO.

EDIT: Found more people with exactly the same problem at http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/40646-cant-set-ps2-keyboard-to-iso/. They suggest using a empty ADB (whatever that is) to map the key and latter change it with Ukelele.

PM me and i'll take a look at this one more time and try to give a workaround or permanent fix in my driver by someway. Also send me your skype id in PM.

EDIT: I found a way to fix your problem from Apple USB Keyboard sources. PM me and I'll explain that.

PM me and i'll take a look at this one more time and try to give a workaround or permanent fix in my driver by someway. Also send me your skype id in PM.

EDIT: I found a way to fix your problem from Apple USB Keyboard sources. PM me and I'll explain that.

EMlyDinEsh, OSXlatitude says you can't receive more messages.

Hello EMlyDinEsH!

I have also problem with the < key :

With Your driver Zero key (right from 1) produces í, and the < key (actually í on Hungarian keylayout,because it is swapped, crazy Apple engineers) produces nothing.

It would be cool to have the < key, because it is an important character in our language.

Thank You, an i wish You god luck!

Z.

Hello EMlyDinEsH!

I have also problem with the < key :

With Your driver Zero key (right from 1) produces í, and the < key (actually í on Hungarian keylayout,because it is swapped, crazy Apple engineers) produces nothing.

It would be cool to have the < key, because it is an important character in our language.

Thank You, an i wish You god luck!

Z.

I solved the mapping for the keys that work by using a application called Ukelele. It allows to switch the keys and save a keyboard layout definition. My problem is that that key is not mappable.

I use the v4 2.6 Dinesh

it works in my laptop (ASUS A46CA)!

but with some bugs:

> if EdgeSwipeRight enabled (I use it for Notification Center), any swipe from middle to the Right (if touched the Right edge) won't do anything (e.g: my 4FSwipeRightAction is move to left space, it won't do anything if I touch the Right edge. If I swipe and don't touch the Right edge, it works.)

> Windows drag won't work by tap and drag. Must use left click + drag

> 2FScrolling doesn't work

> Pinch zoom doesn't work

> Rotation doesn't work

> my 3FSwipeDownAction is Application Windows, and it doesn't work

> EdgeSwipeTop (is "Minimize app" on mine) doesn't work

Here I post my configuration, hope you can try it too:

ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext.zip

btw thanks for your ElanTouchpad!

Edit:

> 3FSwipeRight and 3FSwipeLeft don't work (Forward and Backward)