ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Glad to see that someone is working on a driver for this. Any prediction on when we'll finally have 2F-Scrolling in Mountain Lion with the Elan?

Update: Nevermind. It turns out that, if you boot with unifail, the driver doesn't work. If you boot with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), it does. (shrug...)

Glad to see that someone is working on a driver for this. Any prediction on when we'll finally have 2F-Scrolling in Mountain Lion with the Elan?

Update: Nevermind. It turns out that, if you boot with unifail, the driver doesn't work. If you boot with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), it does. (shrug...)

You use chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) too?

how to enable 2F scrolling?

The main reason is because the Elan kext never loads due to a conflict with the PS2 kext on unifail. Take a look at the Console, it'll explain which kext is causing the error.

Hi! Thanks a lot for Your great work! Tell me pleаse, - This all kexts PS/2 and Touchpad will work properly on OS X ML 10.8.4 with my Elantech Touchpad (ACPI\ETD0500) on Acer Aspire V3-571G ? I'm still have troubles with correct loading Elan - if Elan working, keyboard - no or both - not working.....

Thank You for Reply!

The main reason is because the Elan kext never loads due to a conflict with the PS2 kext on unifail. Take a look at the Console, it'll explain which kext is causing the error.

How do I access the console once the GUI is up?

You use chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) too?

how to enable 2F scrolling?

Well, I downloaded the 2.6 version of the Elan kext (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1862

) listed in the first post of this thread, then put it into /System/Library/Extensions. You can use a kext tool for this, but I just use a terminal window to move the kext over and then use chown and chmod to set the permissions.

Once I did that, and rebooted with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), I was able to go to System Settings and access settings in "Trackpad".

- Joe

Well, I downloaded the 2.6 version of the Elan kext (https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=1862

) listed in the first post of this thread, then put it into /System/Library/Extensions. You can use a kext tool for this, but I just use a terminal window to move the kext over and then use chown and chmod to set the permissions.

Once I did that, and rebooted with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded), I was able to go to System Settings and access settings in "Trackpad".

- Joe

I have set the 2F scroll enabled and still don't get that feature

I have set the 2F scroll enabled and still don't get that feature

So, your driver is working enough such that you see sliders and other adjustments in "System Preferences->Trackpad", but the 2F-scrolling still isn't working?

So, your driver is working enough such that you see sliders and other adjustments in "System Preferences->Trackpad", but the 2F-scrolling still isn't working?

Fixed..

I must uncheck and recheck the options to get them all working

:D