ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

I have some problems. After sleep, some touchpad gestures don't work. Work only edge Swipe gestures

Asus n56vz, elan v4, 10.9 DP8.

I have not tested my driver with 10.9 very well so will try to check this out as soon as possible. Can you tell me what are gestures not working after sleep? Did you try toggle settings from Trackpad prefpane?

Hi @EMlyDinEsH great driver! I'm using the V4 Beta on my S400CA, It works but there are many problems with it such as none of the multi touch features working (including two finger scrolling), if you could get back to me I would happily beta test and give feedback!

For two finger scrolling, you need to change scrolling speed from Trackpad Prefpane. Could you PM me your problems so i could check those for beta test with you?

Hi, could need some help here.

I want to use edge scrolling and I edited the plist in the kext file,

but nothing has changed. I still can only use 2 finger scroll.

For Edge scrolling, you have to enable this in plist and for toggling Hold Right button for a sec/two until you see a small cursor movement then try it and let me know.

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I have a Elan v4 hardware on Asus K55VD running 10.8.4.

Driver version 2.8.3 can detect it and work, but somehow,

it is way too sensitive. It could easily enter select mode or

drag mode accidentally during pointer movement.

Could you advise how to fix such sensitivity problems?

Thanks in advance!

Will try to look at this and optimize in next version. Can you give me a scenario for this accidental drag mode and let me know your configured plist & settings?

I think I have the same problem as davefraud, I also have an S3 running 10.8.5, only difference is touchpad is detected in System Preferences but it behaves as a mouse. According to Windows8 my touchpad's device id is ETD0504. Not sure how to check device id in ML. It doesn't show up in my System Information. Has anyone gotten this touchpad to work in 10.8.5? which driver did you use?

Can you send me your System log from Console app and an ioreg file after booting with my driver installed?

Hello as I put device id p ecause it does not work or one of the kexts ... : (My device id is ACPI\SYNO73B \4&1BC423EF&0

You have Synaptics touchpad which is driven by the VoodooPS2Controller. My driver is only for Elan touchpads.

Will try to look at this and optimize in next version. Can you give me a scenario for this accidental drag mode and let me know your configured plist & settings?

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I am currently using the default plist, because it behaved much the same no matter what values I have changed

with either "MousePointerDPI" and/or "AccelerationPrefValue".

And the link below is my preference settings for Trackpad:

http://postimg.org/image/76eqhhae5/

Btw, I've tested it both on Linux and Windows. The sensitivity of my Elan trackpad is quite normal.

It does not accidentally select texts or drag any image during normal pointer movement on those platforms.

Of course, it supports only 2 finger scrolls on Linux.

Oh, in case you might need some extra info, I've excerpted the driver loading logs below:

Oct  4 08:38:29 localhost kernel[0]: Enhanced Apple PS2 Controller and Keyboard v2.8.3 by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) For Elan Touchpad © 2012-2013
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: ElanTech Touchpad driver v2.8.3 by EMlyDinEsH(OSXLatitude) © 2012-2013
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: FirmWare Version 3546883
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad found, Assuming hardware version 4 (with firmware version 0x361f03)
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Successfully placed touchpad into Absolute mode
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Setting touchpad Range
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad Pad CentreX 1624, CentreY 1111
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Touchpad range X_min 0 Y_min 0 X_max 3249 Y_max 2223
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: MouseInformation { 0x20, 0x03, 0xc8 }
Oct  4 08:38:36 localhost kernel[0]: Elan: Enabling the touchpad Success

Kindly please help me find a way to improve it.
Many Thanks!

Hi,
Regarding mavet1's problem, I can confirm that this also happens for me (K45VM, v4 hardware).
It seems that this is caused by the "Tap drag" feature:

• Tap drag : Tap and hold for one/two sec then move to drag

Sometimes it triggers even while the cursor is moving. I searched through the plist options but couldn't find a way to disable it. I always use only double tap to drag, so disabling "tap drag" would fix the problem for me.

Once again, thanks EMlyDinEsH for your hard work on this.

Is this with v2.8.3? Is it completely not working every time? Can you post your System log after sleep?

Yes. v2.8.3. System log after wake:

Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Successfully placed touchpad into Absolute mode
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: MouseInformation { 0x20, 0x03, 0xc8 }
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Enabling the touchpad
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Keyboard enabled

Yes. v2.8.3. System log after wake:

Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Detecting the touchpad
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Successfully placed touchpad into Absolute mode
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: MouseInformation { 0x20, 0x03, 0xc8 }
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Enabling the touchpad
Oct  4 17:05:51 XXXXX-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: Elan: Keyboard enabled

My driver is working fine after sleep in my notebook and others whom i know, and also the log of yours after sleep seems fine. So, something else from your notebook should be the cause. Is there any other old version of my driver working fine after sleep?

Hi,

Regarding mavet1's problem, I can confirm that this also happens for me (K45VM, v4 hardware).

It seems that this is caused by the "Tap drag" feature:

Sometimes it triggers even while the cursor is moving. I searched through the plist options but couldn't find a way to disable it. I always use only double tap to drag, so disabling "tap drag" would fix the problem for me.

Once again, thanks EMlyDinEsH for your hard work on this.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll take a look at this and will try fix/improve in next version.