ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

EMlyDinEsH,

Would it be possible for you to update v2 with the same features from the other versions?

Keep up the great work.

hello!

tell me please what the kext need for asus n73sv elan touchpad v2?

Thx

Yes, I would like to support that but i don't have hardware so need beta testers for this. Already some people tried to contact me but they are not avaiable when i'm free. So, if you want v2 to be supported then PM me your skype id and GMT time of online everyday.

Hi EMlyDinEsH,

I really need some help with getting your driver to load on my 10.8.5 OSX Installer USB.

When I start up the computer to install OSX it won't load the Elan driver. I am booting the installer with Clover.

I hope you can help me. I have removed the kexts you mentioned but it still won't load.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

NSCXP2005

During install you don't need my driver because multi touch features are not useful there, so instead use standard ApplePS2xxx controller to make the touchpad act as mouse and use my driver in post installation. If you still have any problems with that then PM me about your model and issue with explanation so i can help you.

Thanks a lot for this driver... working great on my Samsung RC512!!

Only one issue..

Trackpad stops working after waking from sleep.  The keyboard is working but the pointer doesn't respond so I have to shutdown.  

Will gladly take advice and test some kexts.  Thanks.

BTW,  I have exactly the same error as SRSR333... I think we have the same specific trackpad.

No, unfortunately. I've been using your driver since 1.2, and none of it has worked after sleep. Besides touchpad, audio (ALC 269) also doesn't work. When I use the kext for my pin config, I get a kernel panic after wake from sleep...

Touchpad did not work even once after sleep ever in other versions for you? If its so then I would like to debug your notebook to fix this issue, so both of you PM me for details on contacting me.

Yeah, I was able to boot with RehabMan's kext.

Output pic attached.
Thanks.

Seems like my kext has been conflicted with dependency issues. Could you send me your System profiler info dump and model details to look at this issue? Also let me know what are the kexts you have installed after Mac Install.

:)   Take your time.  BTW,  I also noticed that after sleep, by running my finger across the smartpad,  it kinda moves a little bit, then stops.

Thanks, I'll be releasing an update this week so test this and let me know about issue in that. If you still have that issue then PM me in order to help you.

I had to remove your awesome kext, because no matter what I did and which other kext I loaded, touchpad always worked randomly - sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Doesn't matter if I boot with -x and/or -f. Plus, when it worked, it stopped working after resuming from sleep.

Keyboard always worked.

Anything I can provide you to help fix this problem? I have Elantech v3

• Administrators

have you tried the force HPET option in your chameleon boot plist? try it with chameleon wizard. that sounds more like some irq issue then the kext itself. do you have the same issue with other things like dvdrom or wifi or usb?

have you tried the force HPET option in your chameleon boot plist? try it with chameleon wizard. that sounds more like some irq issue then the kext itself. do you have the same issue with other things like dvdrom or wifi or usb?

Talking to me? If so, can you tell me how to do that? I don't have this problem with any other thing, just with the touchpad if I load this kext. Actually I'm using voodoo, which works everytime, but it's not remotely as good as this one

if you use chameleon wizard app there is an option you can select to force HPET. then you save the changes. reboot and see if it is still happening.

I never used Chameleon Wizard, I followed the *beast path with chimera (chameleon, stolen and rebranded) on my road for hackintosh :D any chance this will mess anything? 

EDIT

Could I just edit my .plist and add ForceHPET=Yes ?