ELAN, FocalTech and Synaptics (Smart Touchpad) Driver

EMlyDinEsH

Hi, do this solutions work for mac os x guests in vmare ?

Not sure about vmware. Please test this and report me.

Please EMlyDinEsH,

Remove the long tap dragging option for the next release.

Or at least give us the opportunity to remove it via plist file.

It is very unconvenient to me. I find left click and dragging much more confortable.

Thank you!

What you mean log tap dragging? is it double tap drag? Plz explain so i can make an option.

Not sure about vmware. Please test this and report me.

What you mean log tap dragging? is it double tap drag? Plz explain so i can make an option.

I believe he means the Tap Drag feature, when you touch and hold to start a drag action.

I myself have previously mentioned it here some time ago: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/page-18&do=findComment&comment=23439

I also believe that an option to disable this in the plist would be ideal, since it seems to cause more problems than advantages.

I believe he means the Tap Drag feature, when you touch and hold to start a drag action.

I myself have previously mentioned it here some time ago: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/page-18&do=findComment&comment=23439

I also believe that an option to disable this in the plist would be ideal, since it seems to cause more problems than advantages.

That's exactly what I mean!! That feature that enables the dragging feature by long tapping a window. You called it something like : 

• Tap drag : Tap and hold for one/two sec then move to drag

I believe that it is very inconvenient and it is the only disadvantage of using your touchpad driver over the voodoops2 one.

Please disable it or at least give us the opportunity to do so.

Regards!

That's exactly what I mean!! That feature that enables the dragging feature by long tapping a window. You called it something like : 

• Tap drag : Tap and hold for one/two sec then move to drag

I believe that it is very inconvenient and it is the only disadvantage of using your touchpad driver over the voodoops2 one.

Please disable it or at least give us the opportunity to do so.

Regards!

Will provide an option to disable it in my next release which is due for tomorrow.

Strange issue with your latest driver and the brightness (fn) control - once the brightness slider hits half way the controls no longer work. If I manually drag the slider to the darkest setting, fn+f2 will increase the brightness until the midway point. The reverse is also true for the highest setting manually and the keyboard shortcut fn+1 to decrease.

Neither controls work whilst the slider is "stuck" at the halfway point however, until manually altered using the slider in System Preferences>Displays.

Merry Christmas mate, the rest of the patch seems perfect!

Hi Dinesh :-)

I have elan Touchpad Firmware: 6758151

Kext v2.8.3 says:

Unknown hardware version, aborting...

Kext "V4 1.8.2 Beta"

Unknown hardware version, aborting...

Im open for any testing  :-)

Cheers :-)

Nice!!!

V3 is working for (6758151)!!!

3 Finger gesture: Working

3 Finger tap: Working

4 Finger tap: Working

4 Finger gestures: Dont Know

2 Finger Scrolling:  Working! (Not synchron scrolling, more like wheelscrolling)

Move/Left/Right Click: Working

Update:

Click(Hold) and with other finger move: Working!

If you scroll down with 2finger it scrolls up again sometimes.

Thank you very much!!!!